• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N

N-Raged

If they can at least match the latest Fiesta ST on spec and price, they will already have a winner. I can see a future in having 2 N's when we hopefully don't need he space of our Megane estate anymore.
I think Hyundai have there work cut out for them with the i20N, mainly in the looks department, the new Peugeot 208 and Renault Clio looks amazing, I especially love the 208, awesome looking car, both inside and out, the French are killing it lately with there car designs, then throw in the Fiesta ST which I also love and the Polo GTI and it’s a pretty competitive segment, Hyundai need to throw everything at the i20N with this lot up against it, they won’t beat the 208 or Clio for looks but they need to beat them with speed and performance..

I think Hyundai have there work cut out for them with the i20N, mainly in the looks department, the new Peugeot 208 and Renault Clio looks amazing, I especially love the 208, awesome looking car, both inside and out, the French are killing it lately with there car designs, then throw in the Fiesta ST which I also love and the Polo GTI and it’s a pretty competitive segment, Hyundai need to throw everything at the i20N with this lot up against it, they won’t beat the 208 or Clio for looks but they need to beat them with speed and performance..
I would add to that if Peugeot had tweaked the 308 GTI a little more I could have been tempted, I drove it and for a 1.6 engine I was blown away. Seats were nicer IMO looks were bland but that's a very personal thing, Hyundai warranty won me over in end.

Mightymoo

I would add to that if Peugeot had tweaked the 308 GTI a little more I could have been tempted, I drove it and for a 1.6 engine I was blown away. Seats were nicer IMO looks were bland but that's a very personal thing, Hyundai warranty won me over in end.
I saw it on the track and it performed well, but the Peugeot is to quirky for me. Speedo above the steering wheel and I absolutely hate the rev counter going the opposite way. Looks to bland and normal.

I saw it on the track and it performed well, but the Peugeot is to quirky for me. Speedo above the steering wheel and I absolutely hate the rev counter going the opposite way. Looks to bland and normal.
Ya that icockpot (think thats what they call it) is devisive but initially i hated it but had a rental in France for a week and got used to it. Agree with you on looks too bland for me but id see why that would appeal to others. Must day i liked their 2 tone paint option but colours in the n are nicer imo

N-Raged

I was very close to choosing the 308 GTI as well, that 1.6 engine works so well because the car is so dam light it’s ridiculous, it felt so fast and nimble, but that strange interior and gearbox let it down for me, but going off what the new 208 looks like I reckon the next 308 GTI will be pretty special..

R Veloster N

The 1.6T-GDI would be nice
The engine is anemic. The Kona has a 1.6T @ 175 hp and It's needs a lot of help! It's great for around town use and highway but suffers at higher rpm range. We liked the Kona Ultimate quite a bit though. I'd like to see them use the new multi-port motor for it.

Last edited:
I am curious will i20N be completly new model or it will be today model turned into N ? Second unfortunatly i don't think Hyundai will follow VW and their Polo GTI politics with 2.0 engine they will stick with 1.6turbo from Kona but tuned up,how much I don't know but I hope around 215-220 hp but I think they will stick around Fiesta ST power 200-205 hp.
I am 99% sure it will have LSD at least as option or in performance version/equipment and maybe brakes from i30N but i am not so sure they will offer adaptive dampers only because of price of the car(but that would be amazing if they would).

I hope that i20N will be cheaper than Fiesta ST because its not cheap car at least here in Croatia where you can only buy top spec trim and chose only color.

Mr.Gobsy

I am curious will i20N be completly new model or it will be today model turned into N ? Second unfortunatly i don't think Hyundai will follow VW and their Polo GTI politics with 2.0 engine they will stick with 1.6turbo from Kona but tuned up,how much I don't know but I hope around 215-220 hp but I think they will stick around Fiesta ST power 200-205 hp.
I am 99% sure it will have LSD at least as option or in performance version/equipment and maybe brakes from i30N but i am not so sure they will offer adaptive dampers only because of price of the car(but that would be amazing if they would).

I hope that i20N will be cheaper than Fiesta ST because its not cheap car at least here in Croatia where you can only buy top spec trim and chose only color.
Doubt they will do a non performance version

Doubt they will do a non performance version
I meant I am not sure if there will be 2 versions like on i30N or only one version of power. Oh and one extremly important thing that i am sure helped in i30N success- sound of the engine,it must deliver end of story.It must be best in the class and that includes Abarth models.