• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N Seats

Invictus321

Jun 23, 2021
Australia
Hi all, i'm looking at buying an i20N but i'm not super sure about the seats. I found the i30N seats dug into my sides a bit which gets annoying after about an hour of driving. Could anyone give me a comparison of the i30N and i20N seats? Are they much different?

Thanks alot

Hi all, i'm looking at buying an i20N but i'm not super sure about the seats. I found the i30N seats dug into my sides a bit which gets annoying after about an hour of driving. Could anyone give me a comparison of the i30N and i20N seats? Are they much different?

Thanks alot
Can’t comment on the i30N seats as I’ve not sat in them, but I found the i20N seats to be really comfortable and supportive. I was driving it for around 3 hours. I’m 6’4” and weigh 16 stone if that helps? They certainly didn’t dig into my sides.

Thanks alot
The seats are great, just last week I went on a 600km trip with two friends, one of whom is over 130kg (he sat in front) and another who is like me (90kg, 180cm) he was in the back. There was no numbing or pain for any of us, the seats really are impressive. Thought of putting carbon Sparco seats in it but these are just too good. Extremely happy with the comfort and performance of the stock seats. Usually there is a large trade, where it leans more to one side. They have managed to find the balance.

Reactions: ThePerformanceGuy

Thanks alot
Hey man are you in Australia SYD? If you want to swap I30N seat I will do it with you on your I20N when it come. I had the Facelift i30N cloth seat

Thanks alot

They don’t dig in. As two chonky people we hardly noticed they were there to be honest. They’re more like ‘normal seats’

The car is ace! Handling and dynamics will blow you away.....but..... Be sure to test out the seat before you buy. I have found a rib of stitching about an inch wide which is directly below the bottom of my spine! (Photo attached) However I sit on the seat I find the lump like the Princess and the pea!! End result being a numb backside as I shift around looking for relief! Dealer being excellent and indulging my issue with an inspection in 2 weeks time but was wondering if this is a one off issue or just my sensitive backside?! I'm average build and 12 stone. If others could check to see if the lump is on their seats I'd be grateful if they could reply.

The car is ace! Handling and dynamics will blow you away.....but..... Be sure to test out the seat before you buy. I have found a rib of stitching about an inch wide which is directly below the bottom of my spine! (Photo attached) However I sit on the seat I find the lump like the Princess and the pea!! End result being a numb backside as I shift around looking for relief! Dealer being excellent and indulging my issue with an inspection in 2 weeks time but was wondering if this is a one off issue or just my sensitive backside?! I'm average build and 12 stone. If others could check to see if the lump is on their seats I'd be grateful if they could reply.
I can't see a picture, was the resolution too high? Sometimes you have to resize it. I don't have a lump in mine, honestly can't find it. 6700km on the car now, have done 600km one-way nonstop trips without getting out of the car (except once to refuel and that was like 5min) I'm 178cm, 88.0kg so I guess I'm heavy enough to feel a lump hahaha

Thank you for checking. Struggling with the image! Will try and resize it somehow. The lump is in line with the stitching that pulls down across the seat right under your backside. It's pulling the fabric down in that area right in the middle. So the lump feels like an inch long line!

Thank you for checking. Struggling with the image! Will try and resize it somehow. The lump is in line with the stitching that pulls down across the seat right under your backside. It's pulling the fabric down in that area right in the middle. So the lump feels like an inch long line!

Honestly can't find a lump, I think that it's some mistake in your model unfortunately. I guess mistakes happen but it sucks when it happens to you :/

Any chance what you are feeling is the lumbar support ? maybe try to adjust it further up/down or backwards to see how it feels ?

I've been given some superb help on here about resizing the image! Hopefully you can now see the area that has this ridge like lump along the stitch line parallel to the seat back. It is the seat not the lumbar. I've circled where it lines up perfectly with the base of my spine and makes me feel like I'm sitting on a v as the foam either side has softened and this area hasn't!?rsz_pxl_20210928_165033431_2.jpg

For what it's worth to anyone a seat update! It turns out that it is the frame for the actual seat causing the issue. Think of a U shape with the bottom of the u going across your seat right in the crux of the chair. (To the left of the circle on the image above) The padding/foam above it is so thin that it means I've been sitting across a metal bar! You can push it down with your hand to feel the frame! Dealer is asking the question if this is a one off as mine is only the 2nd i20n they have delivered!

Reactions: GazmaN
For what it's worth to anyone a seat update! It turns out that it is the frame for the actual seat causing the issue. Think of a U shape with the bottom of the u going across your seat right in the crux of the chair. (To the left of the circle on the image above) The padding/foam above it is so thin that it means I've been sitting across a metal bar! You can push it down with your hand to feel the frame! Dealer is asking the question if this is a one off as mine is only the 2nd i20n they have delivered!
But do you have this issue on both seats or only on one?

It is both seats. Will let people know what response I get from Hyundai!
I've checked thoroughly on both of my seats, the demo car seats, and the seats of another that just came in. Absolutely no bumps, lumps, or any other signs of something that shouldn't be there. Unfortunately I think that you got a bad set of seats 😕

Thank you for checking. It is entirely possible that a layer of foam has been left out as the padding there currently is so thin! Will be interesting to see how it is resolved!?

Reactions: i20N_Fran
Thank you for checking. It is entirely possible that a layer of foam has been left out as the padding there currently is so thin! Will be interesting to see how it is resolved!?
Definitely new seats. Doubt that they would open them up and add layers then sew it back. Just ask for new seats dude, it's their mistake.

So, for those interested in the seats.

The dealer has been good in looking at the car and checking with Hyundai. It transpires that the seats are as expected and designed. The metal bar that can be felt if you push down with your hand is part of the anti-submarine feature connected to the seatbelts. With the 'bucket' shape seat emphasis, the padding is very thin above it and as a consequence the seat very firm which, for me, has caused pain. I appreciate that this is a very subjective thing but in over 30 years of driving I have never known a seat to be so uncomfortable (bruised coccyx!). You may not pick this up on a test drive and you may not sit as upright as me in the seat. It will be interesting to see whether or not this becomes an issue over time with more cars being purchased. Either way it is very much worth feeling for this feature when you check out the car and make your own mind up. Remember the ride is set up to be firm and you will feel the bumps, especially on British roads. The firmness is why it handles so well but is part of the compromise. For those who this just doesn't apply to I am very envious as the performance dynamics of the car itself are epic!

So, for those interested in the seats.

The dealer has been good in looking at the car and checking with Hyundai. It transpires that the seats are as expected and designed. The metal bar that can be felt if you push down with your hand is part of the anti-submarine feature connected to the seatbelts. With the 'bucket' shape seat emphasis, the padding is very thin above it and as a consequence the seat very firm which, for me, has caused pain. I appreciate that this is a very subjective thing but in over 30 years of driving I have never known a seat to be so uncomfortable (bruised coccyx!). You may not pick this up on a test drive and you may not sit as upright as me in the seat. It will be interesting to see whether or not this becomes an issue over time with more cars being purchased. Either way it is very much worth feeling for this feature when you check out the car and make your own mind up. Remember the ride is set up to be firm and you will feel the bumps, especially on British roads. The firmness is why it handles so well but is part of the compromise. For those who this just doesn't apply to I am very envious as the performance dynamics of the car itself are epic!
Just buy a padded seat cushion from a auto shop or ebay.