• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N - Reviews, General Discussion & Info

Ah really? Ok sorry. Didn't know. My bad.
No need for apologies man 🙂, I've noticed Hyundai seems to be somewhat inconsistent across the different markets - smaller engines in Europe seems to be the thing (and no GPFs here in AUS either 😛).

Reactions: c4bl3
Hyundai-i20-N-1-980x653.jpg.webp

Hyundai-i20-N-Line-1.jpg

Reactions: MrDeeJay
Sounds alot like our; Kia Soul GT Line. Snap, crackle and pop as well. Hear it for yourself.:D
Must admit to being a bit disappointed with the performance figures, I know it will probably feel quicker than they suggest but with Toyota screwing 260ps out of their Yaris GR 1600 it's a shame Hyundai couldn't get a bit nearer that figure. I was looking to downsizing a bit after my I30N but don't really want a car that is slower than my old 2013 208GTI.

Must admit to being a bit disappointed with the performance figures, I know it will probably feel quicker than they suggest but with Toyota screwing 260ps out of their Yaris GR 1600 it's a shame Hyundai couldn't get a bit nearer that figure. I was looking to downsizing a bit after my I30N but don't really want a car that is slower than my old 2013 208GTI.
A little unfair comparing this to the GR, which will cost a fair bit more, it’ll have similar output to the FiST which is what it’s competing with, is the Ford disappointing as well then?

Reactions: GazmaN
A little unfair comparing this to the GR, which will cost a fair bit more, it’ll have similar output to the FiST which is what it’s competing with, is the Ford disappointing as well then?
No but I would have liked an entry level I20N and a performance version, obviously costing more but with say 240 bhp as a rival to the Yaris, I have already had a 200bhp smaller hatch in the 208gti I often wished that that had had more power as well, you can get them chipped but then you lose the warranty. Basically what I'm saying is it's a shame I can't buy a smaller version of my current car (I30N) with similar or more performance, there are people I'm sure who would have bought it I know I would. My old 308 gti was 1600cc and that had 266bhp!

No but I would have liked an entry level I20N and a performance version, obviously costing more but with say 240 bhp as a rival to the Yaris, I have already had a 200bhp smaller hatch in the 208gti I often wished that that had had more power as well, you can get them chipped but then you lose the warranty. Basically what I'm saying is it's a shame I can't buy a smaller version of my current car (I30N) with similar or more performance, there are people I'm sure who would have bought it I know I would. My old 308 gti was 1600cc and that had 266bhp!

Problem here is that 'there's never enough power' :)
Even my tricked up Scooby (cars a lot lighter back in 1997 as well) ... I still thought 'maybe a bit extra power'....

• Haha
Reactions: pillred
Well it’s only going to be marginally slower than the current i30N, and you could always piggyback it if your worried about warranty, these cars are not just about pure speed though, being around 300kgs lighter than the i30N, this’ll be a lot more fun, I’m seriously thinking of trading in for this next year..

Reactions: pillred and mikeo
By no means is the Kia Soul slow, with the same engine. Piggyback and a few tweaks, gives the 1.6T Gamma II engine another 40 hp quite easily. With all the part available for the 1.6T Gamma II motor, it can easily surpass the Yaris GR.

The Veloster R-Spec and GT utilize the same engine and with a tune, dowpipe, larger bore TB, intake and other tweaks easily exceeds 300 bhp which equates to around 250 whp. Something the i30N can eclipse but only with the similar work.

I'm also sure there will be N-Performance Parts available in the not to distant future it as well.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: pillred

I feel the red button on the steering wheel is a bit of a rip off from Audi start button... It just looks weird😂

Reactions: GazmaN