• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N - Reviews, General Discussion & Info

Mr.Gobsy

Jun 27, 2018
Bristol, United kingdom
Heard some stuff about the i20N today.

•Two different versions similar to the i30N
• looking at two different engines currently with bhp around the 180region unless they go for a 2011cc engine
•Mentioned a 2019 possible release with Hyundai very exicted to release after the success of the i20WRC car and the i30N

So far that's it, anyone else heard something?

Maybe Hyundai are taking aim at the Golf's little brother the Polo GTi. :eek:
It would make sense IMO.
"little" brother :D today's polos are bigger than the first golfs :D

Would be nice, bcause my girl needs a new car in 2020/21, so the i20 would be definetly worth to take a look at ;) I could imagine that this would be a "go-cart" car like the mini-cooper S or similar, definetly no bad idea!

Unfortunately there will not be 3 doors, and since I do not understand German I think I heard there will be a 2.0l turbo engine and 220 horsepower ?

Unfortunately there will not be 3 doors, and since I do not understand German I think I heard there will be a 2.0l turbo engine and 220 horsepower ?
Translated from German to English:

Hyundai goes into the next round on the Nordschleife. The N stands not only for their development center, but also for Nordschleife.
Because the performance models of the i30 have sold so well, hyundai has planned a new offshoot. 2020 Hyundai brings the i20 N. In the sports version of the small car, the same ingredients as the i30 N are used: newly tuned chassis, new steering, other brake system, sporty attachments and Sporty accents in the interior. Under the hood should be stuck again the 204 hp 1.6-liter turbo engine.

padigree thanks for translation ;-)

1.6t like my wife have in Kona but with 30hp more, it would be nice if I20N be max at 1100kg, because I30N it's a bit overweight

Reactions: TempleGuy
padigree thanks for translation ;-)

1.6t like my wife have in Kona but with 30hp more, it would be nice if I20N be max at 1100kg, because I30N it's a bit overweight

Sounds like it will be very similar to the Peugeot 208 GTi in weight and power. But the Peugeot is quite cheap, around £20k. I wonder what price range the i20N would end up in.

I was hoping to be at least about 220ks and have all the benefits of I30N, as an active suspension, lsd etc.

but we'll see in the end what will turn out

If they can at least match the latest Fiesta ST on spec and price, they will already have a winner. I can see a future in having 2 N's when we hopefully don't need he space of our Megane estate anymore.

I was hoping to be at least about 220ks and have all the benefits of I30N, as an active suspension, lsd etc.

but we'll see in the end what will turn out

Reactions: dacho and paul-h