• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N - Reviews, Discussion, Info (Everything goes in here please)

Tom Vanlimbergen

Jan 19, 2018
I liked it on the official pics, but now I see one in real live pictures I have my doubts.
A bit to many sharp angles for me.
The filler cap that seems to be cut out of the rear light... I 'm having difficulties finding the right words, but I think hideous would come quite close 🤢

Crocoman

Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
I liked it on the official pics, but now I see one in real live pictures I have my doubts.
The filler cap that seems to be cut out of the rear light... I 'm having difficulties finding the right words, but I think hideous would come quite close 🤢
That’s disappointing.

It’s incredibly difficult to get the styling right for any car, but more so on a hot hatch. Particularly when the big brother nailed it.

Looks are subjective of course and plenty of people will love it.

I’m still looking forward to seeing the I20N in the flesh and will give my honest thoughts when I do.

olliekookoo

Oct 31, 2019
Germany
In-person it's actually not too bad. I also had my doubts when I saw them in our underground garage at my work both with camo and without it ;). I have the regular new i20 for the week and I have to say, in this B segment (for normal version) of the car, nothing can beat the value of the i20. You will get used to the design and it will grow on you like it did in the past few days. Only complaint I have is the 1.0T Powertrain which to me feels too much like the i10 but this problem is solved with the i20N with the 1.6T. I'm excited to get my hands on it soon at my work or even as our employee leasing car perhaps in the up coming months.

Jepper

Jul 10, 2019
Danmark
In-person it's actually not too bad. I also had my doubts when I saw them in our underground garage at my work both with camo and without it ;). I have the regular new i20 for the week and I have to say, in this B segment (for normal version) of the car, nothing can beat the value of the i20. You will get used to the design and it will grow on you like it did in the past few days. Only complaint I have is the 1.0T Powertrain which to me feels too much like the i10 but this problem is solved with the i20N with the 1.6T. I'm excited to get my hands on it soon at my work or even as our employee leasing car perhaps in the up coming months.
Please let us know when you learn more. I anxious for any information. I'm confident I will buy the car when available. Its just a matter of waiting and figure out what colour I want in the meantime :) Money already saved up for down-payment. I started looking for a new hot hatch since the polo gti mk8 came out and have been waiting since then. The polo I found a little boring/ordinary and I want a manual. I'm sure the i20n will be a fun car and the design even seems to grow on me.
I suspect, in maybe 5 years or so as electric cars increasing become the default choice and governments force us in this direction, getting something like a brand new light weight b-segment hot hatch might become difficult.

Galerion

Apr 4, 2019
Germany
Here is what a sleek silver I20N will look like
I don't find that this color does the car any favors.
I mean red accents to look more sporty aren't a new thing. The I30N also has them after all though they are way more subtle being only small stripes on the front and the rear.
In those particular pictures they just clash with the rest of the car. It would look way better without them. Maybe there is a color combo where they will work but neither the blue nor this silver are doing it for me.
It just might some work for the owner to do. Similar to blacking out the Hyundai badges or the chrome grill frame on the I30.

Reactions: Pastiche

GutZZ

Oct 13, 2020
Valencia, Spain
I saw the normal new I 20 the other day. Checked out the interior and so on. I actually think it looks pretty good in person. Even the normal non-N is fairly sporty looking. Significantly wider than the old model and definitely big enough for me. Interior is hard plastic but it did not seem cheap to me. I have a hard time finding eg. Vw polo much different or any better as for perceived interior quality. Design-wise I definitely prefer the i20.

Dealer said i20 N should arrive in my county end Q1 2021 with reservations due to COV19.

Now I am torn between silver and performance Blue. Do you go max 'shoutiness' or the much more discreet silver? Silver might tone it down a bit and actually look faily good on this specific model I think. Strong red accents on front and side skirt + spoiler will make it stand out somewhat regardless of choice of colour.
I still have to see better how the colors will look like on this car with the details in red and the piano black roof contrast but for me i realy enjoy the performance blue contrast with red and black roof so 90% of chances i go on that one.

Reactions: Jepper

mikeo

Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
I see in Auto Express that the new I20 (non N) pips the equivalent Fiesta in a group test. Bodes well I think for the I20N.

gdh300

Nov 3, 2020
North Hampshire
Good write-up in the December issue of Wheels Australia magazine, with more pictures of that Sleek Silver. A quick Google will bring-up a downloadable PDF (not sure if strictly legit).

Reactions: Boostloode

Boostloode

Dec 25, 2018
No, i think he means the magazine as a PDF file. You can search for it on google, just type "wheels australia magazine pdf" and you will find a site ;)

Reactions: LordPave

Jepper

Jul 10, 2019
Danmark
I think there is a lot of uncertainty concerning delivery due to covid. I know the first models are supposed to be build around february 2021 but according to my dealer it would wise (realistic) to anticipate some delay. Perhaps we get lucky and there is no or little delay but don't be terribly surprised if there is.

Jepper

Jul 10, 2019
Danmark
I will order as soon as it possible as I as am very confident I want one. There is also a review in EVO, December 2020 (accessible via fairly small fee at www.magzter.com). The review is highly positive stating that it is more fun than i30n and they seem to prefer it to the the 'normal' fiesta St as well scoring 5,5 out of 6 stars. Although I know well to be a little sceptical of these reviews I think overall there is enough to go on by now to assume it is a great drivers car.

GutZZ

Oct 13, 2020
Valencia, Spain
I think there is a lot of uncertainty concerning delivery due to covid. I know the first models are supposed to be build around february 2021 but according to my dealer it would wise (realistic) to anticipate some delay. Perhaps we get lucky and there is no or little delay but don't be terribly surprised if there is.
Understandable so nothing else to do except wait, im huge interested on this car with so much hype to have a test drive so ill save money in the mean time and walk a little more time hehe.

Reactions: Jepper

PowerLee

Dec 2, 2020
United Kingdom
Watching the i20N development closely, looks like it would fit perfectly for my motoring needs - I'm about a year of ordering a replacement vehicle.

Be interesting to see the Euro NCAP results for the i20 when it finally gets tested ( hopefully March 2021 )

All silver looks discrete but the performance blue with black roof also looks really appealing.