• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N - Reviews, Discussion, Info (Everything goes in here please)

mikeo

Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
The ST3 in Oz is $36k, that’s around £20k in the UK, Australia gets the cheapest price in the world for the FiST, I have no idea why that is? but I ain’t complaining, £28k would be $50K here, that’s nuts.. I have a feeling the i20N won’t be far off these prices either..
Good God| I'd have one of each at that price 👍

I did see a couple of comments on the Fiesta ST forum that Ford had hiked the prices prior to Brexit, in case of a "no deal exit", which subsequently did not happen. But decided to leave the price/s as they were. Not sure if this is true or not, but sounds believable.

I think myself that the I20N in the UK needs to be around the £25/26k at most. If it's fully spec'd like the I30N (colour being the only extra) then that could be a "reasonable" deal. Then it would come down to how well it drives and the deals available (IE. discounts / PCP etc).

Can't see we will have long to wait to find out. Initial reports seem to imply the I20N will be a good steer.

We live in interesting times (indeed). TBC..............

PS. Cars have pretty much always been a rip off in the Uk compared to a lot of other countries. Manufacturers seem to think we are used to not only bending over, but supplying our own Vaseline o_O

Wetherfell

Dec 30, 2018
UK
I did see a couple of comments on the Fiesta ST forum that Ford had hiked the prices prior to Brexit, in case of a "no deal exit", which subsequently did not happen. But decided to leave the price/s as they were. Not sure if this is true or not, but sounds believable.
Story I've seen is that with the demise of Bridgend last year, the 1.5 is not built at any other European (EU or country with whom they have a trade deal, such as UK) plant so now attracts duties. Ford have quietly dropped it from the Focus leaving the Fiesta ST as the sole vehicle sold in UK with this engine. They might have had some stock which has now been used up, hence the recent price rise.

Reactions: mikeo

GutZZ

Oct 13, 2020
Valencia, Spain
Fucking hell this car is going to be more expenssive then i tought, i think too much for the car in question imo, i hoep is a little bit less expenssive for spain, there is no info on their website yet.

Jepper

Jul 10, 2019
Danmark
I have no idea what the price will mean in my country. Time will tell :)
To me it seems some equipment is missing from the list of 'standard equipmen'. At least I hope so.
E.g. https://www.hyundai.com/eu/models/i20-n.html mention 'Forward collision avoidance' but this is not on the list. It really true (and I doubt that) it will get a pretty bad NCAP-rating not having what is now a pretty basic security feature.

Assuming the data is true CO2 pr KM is same as Fiesta ST (158g/km in WLTP-norm).That is important info for me as it will influence the purchase price and yearly tax.158g CO2 is ok.

Fantasyonly

Nov 5, 2020
Germany
Thought I would go for the i30n but as same People wrote, the taxes are more expensive (300 euro/ year in Germany) and I guess the i30 will be around 8 - 10 k more expensive than the i20n.
I also like the Interior more at the 20, I guess I will go for it. Asked one car store, they said that they think, that they can order the car around mid March.

Reactions: Bu11eT