• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N Passive Suspension Discussion

GutZZ

Nthusiast
Oct 13, 2020
Valencia, Spain
Hey guys, this might be a stupid question and i might have asked or refered about this, one of the purposes of my i20n is for road trips, i assume with the passive suspension of the i20 being firm you guys think it wuld be unconfortable for long trips? could we compare the stiffness of the i20 with the most stifff mode in the i30n? if that so is the i30n most stiff mode too unconfortable? thanks in advance

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question and i might have asked or refered about this, one of the purposes of my i20n is for road trips, i assume with the passive suspension of the i20 being firm you guys think it wuld be unconfortable for long trips? could we compare the stiffness of the i20 with the most stifff mode in the i30n? if that so is the i30n most stiff mode too unconfortable? thanks in advance

Depends on the roads really, my 208 GTi BPS is has a hard suspension, in town is fine as long as its a smooth road, though find a bumpy road, and well, you tend to speed up just to try and get out of that bone shaking situation, Motorway driving you shouldn't have to worry, and country roads - well you'll enjoy driving the car on them :)

Its a trade off with having a car designed for a fastroad/track. comfort or lack of it, is one thing you have to get used too for having such a car.

Depends on the roads really, my 208 GTi BPS is has a hard suspension, in town is fine as long as its a smooth road, though find a bumpy road, and well, you tend to speed up just to try and get out of that bone shaking situation, Motorway driving you shouldn't have to worry, and country roads - well you'll enjoy driving the car on them :)

Its a trade off with having a car designed for a fastroad/track. comfort or lack of it, is one thing you have to get used too for having such a car.

Thanks mate, apreciated, well im living in spain, actualy spanish highways are realy smooth and also countryside ones are prety good actualy, no holes or fast fixed ones, it shows that at least in road quality spain is doing a good job, at the end this is not something that would prevent me to buy this car, as you said is something i need to get used to, for me is one of the most balanced feuture cars i can buy. So at the end could we compare the stiffness of the i20n with the peugeot 208 BPS?

Thanks mate, apreciated, well im living in spain, actualy spanish highways are realy smooth and also countryside ones are prety good actualy, no holes or fast fixed ones, it shows that at least in road quality spain is doing a good job, at the end this is not something that would prevent me to buy this car, as you said is something i need to get used to, for me is one of the most balanced feuture cars i can buy. So at the end could we compare the stiffness of the i20n with the peugeot 208 BPS?

note... I feel another moderator lurking in the wind wanting to split the conversation again :)

I20 N CHASSIS, BRAKES, TYRES & WHEELS

Anyway, yes I had the 208 GTi Prestige prior to the BPS model and the ride was totally different. much softer. I will when I get a chance to drive the i20N compare it to my own BPS.

Maybe it would be a good idea to wait and have a test drive with it however im so atracted to the car, how the current reviews show, how it looks, the practicability of the car and its power and agility that i cant wait to preorder, this is stupid, im a grown man looking like a kid that canot wait for the next spiderman action figure, whats wrong with me hahahah

Maybe it would be a good idea to wait and have a test drive with it however im so atracted to the car, how the current reviews show, how it looks, the practicability of the car and its power and agility that i cant wait to preorder, this is stupid, im a grown man looking like a kid that canot wait for the next spiderman action figure, whats wrong with me hahahah

Likewise!

Likewise!
Likewise as well :)

I have really tried to get sense of the hardness of the suspension from reviews. I think its quite difficult to tell without a test drive. There seems to be very different opinions:
Some reviews seems to state that it is really hard while others note its perfectly fine for daily use. I think it might be similar to fiesta St and not nearly as hard as clio rs trophy (that is supposed to be really hard).
For me personally I don't mind it being pretty hard as long as is not "crashy" (bottoming out the suspension). Right now I am looking forward to a car with a much harder suspension that my current on 15 inch wheels which has no road feeling whatsoever.

Reactions: BjoernV and Toxic
I20N is not stiff. I30N on normal is already stiffer.

U can compare it to the Fiesta ST quite good. Its perfect for a long Trip not to hard and not to soft

Reactions: Jepper
note... I feel another moderator lurking in the wind wanting to split the conversation again :)

I20 N CHASSIS, BRAKES, TYRES & WHEELS

Anyway, yes I had the 208 GTi Prestige prior to the BPS model and the ride was totally different. much softer. I will when I get a chance to drive the i20N compare it to my own BPS.
Ī™ am also running a 208 GTi BPS, I have test driven i20N (while awaiting delivery of a pre-ordered i20N) and 'YES' i20N is a bit stiffer even compared to 208 GTi BPS, my son runs a 208 GTi with coilovers in Greece, so this is out of discussion haha šŸ˜