• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20n as a daily car

Nintendo

Aug 8, 2021
Poland
Hey guys, I’m thinking to buy i20n as a daily car. How you thinking, is this a good idea? Most time I drive in the city and sometimes do longer routes (500-700 km). Now just trying to decide between i20n and kia ceed gt.

Reactions: Jepper
Is any sporty car a "good idea" ? :)
If you want to make a smart decision then you should get a cheap Hybrid or Electro car :)
If you want some fun and think you can afford it, sure why not? :)

Reactions: Nintendo
Hey guys, I’m thinking to buy i20n as a daily car. How you thinking, is this a good idea? Most time I drive in the city and sometimes do longer routes (500-700 km). Now just trying to decide between i20n and kia ceed gt.

I would say it’s an ideal daily. It’s a really nice place to sit, even if that’s only driving in the city.

Comfortable, entertaining, smallish and fun on the weekends. What’s not to like?👍

Hi, we are using the i20n as our main (and only) car. City, shopping, groceries, etc. all great fun, enjoyable, enough space, endurable. 3.800km driven so far. Can highly recommend! (we've traded for our regular i20)

Hi, we are using the i20n as our main (and only) car. City, shopping, groceries, etc. all great fun, enjoyable, enough space, endurable. 3.800km driven so far. Can highly recommend! (we've traded for our regular i20)

Sounds good, thanks :)
Did you do longer routs? How’s the seats without lumbar support, back doesn’t hurt?

Reactions: i20nobby
Sounds good, thanks :)
Did you do longer routs? How’s the seats without lumbar support, back doesn’t hurt?
like a breeze. Did bigger tours (350km one way) and seats are comfy. But you may feel every tiny bit of the road 😉 especially for people at the back, although even them didn't complain at all. The suspension is just pretty stiff.

tl;dr: comfy seats, no back pain at all, even after longer 2-3 hour tours

Thanks guys for answers, I still waiting when i20n will be available for a test drive in Poland to compare which car better for me…but based on yours answers seems i20n would be a lot more fun

like a breeze. Did bigger tours (350km one way) and seats are comfy. But you may feel every tiny bit of the road 😉 especially for people at the back, although even them didn't complain at all. The suspension is just pretty stiff.

tl;dr: comfy seats, no back pain at all, even after longer 2-3 hour tours

My friend, hello from Athens, Greece!! Quick question for you, cause I saw that you've done a trip or two with your 20N. You know, in Greece is very common to leave the city for the weekend. So we travel a lot by car. My question is.: I've watched several videos on youtube and I can understand that the transmission even on the 6th gear is kinda short. How was it on the trip in terms of rpm, noise and consumption? In Greece the speed limit is 130klm but we tend to drive a bit faster maybe at about 150klm as normal speed when travelling on the HIGHWAY. Thus, I believe that the car will be working at abt 4,000rpm, which is a bit high isn't it?. Thank you in advance.

@ThePerformanceGuy

I had opportunity to test drive the i20n over the weekend. During this time I did 300km on the highway and I can say that it is a bit noisy but you can easily do 200-300km without getting out. I tried to keep not more than 140km/h and then the revs is 3,5k. During this trip the car consumed ~8.5l/100km. In my opinion it was more than enough ;) Note that this car is more like a sports car that is not developed as a super comfy cruiser.

But when you get off the highway and find some curves, you forget about all cons!

As a daily is a pointless question depends on what your needs r if it’s a short commute then it’s fine if you need to do long motorway drives with passengers then definitely not
Look at your situation and decide what suits your needs.

@ThePerformanceGuy

I had opportunity to test drive the i20n over the weekend. During this time I did 300km on the highway and I can say that it is a bit noisy but you can easily do 200-300km without getting out. I tried to keep not more than 140km/h and then the revs is 3,5k. During this trip the car consumed ~8.5l/100km. In my opinion it was more than enough ;) Note that this car is more like a sports car that is not developed as a super comfy cruiser.

But when you get off the highway and find some curves, you forget about all cons!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I understand what you say... The problem is that in order to reach the mountains where you can enjoy it we need to drive it on the highway for some time 😇 . Consumption is not my real problem, to be honest. I was thinking of maybe... I don't know, the engine lifespan? Because you keep on driving at high rpm's, for a long time? I don't know haha. It's a good reason to comply with the speed limits, though... 🙃😆 .

the engine lifespan?

Hard to say. This is small downsized engine with a short shifts. Very important will be oil change schedule I think but still something with a larger engine will be a better choice for a highway driving. I don't know what fits now but some time ago it was for example Alfa Brera with 2.4 JTD engine - looked good and took highways well but now that car is a bit old