• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I want a Fastback i30 N with DCT & Panoramic roof in white........

woodbar

Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2020
Somerset, UK
...... and I have tried contacting Hyundai UK (twice) to see when and if this might be available.

I get an automated response, then absolutely nothing else!

Just thought I would like a change to something a bit more practical than my current MB SLC200 but it needs have a bit of "get up and go"

I have spent ages reading lots of different threads on here as well as nearly every YouTube review on the N and I must say the Hatchback looks did not appeal but the Fastback, with the DCT, really got me interested.

Has to be the DCT as I have a dodgy left hip and in any case my last 3 cars have been autos (9 speed torque converters in the last 2 Mbs) and as long as they choose the right cog 95% of the time and change PDQ then I much prefer them.

I can't seem to find any comments regarding the LED headlights - are they any good? My last Hyundai (many years ago) was an i40 and the lights on that were absolutely rubbish (as are the ones on the SLC!) Best ones I have experienced so far are the LED multi function intelligent ones on the wife's Mazda 3 Sport Nav which do a partial dip on the required side etc. - very clever and amusing to watch.

Reactions: heinricci
...... and I have tried contacting Hyundai UK (twice) to see when and if this might be available.

I get an automated response, then absolutely nothing else!

Just thought I would like a change to something a bit more practical than my current MB SLC200 but it needs have a bit of "get up and go"

I have spent ages reading lots of different threads on here as well as nearly every YouTube review on the N and I must say the Hatchback looks did not appeal but the Fastback, with the DCT, really got me interested.

Has to be the DCT as I have a dodgy left hip and in any case my last 3 cars have been autos (9 speed torque converters in the last 2 Mbs) and as long as they choose the right cog 95% of the time and change PDQ then I much prefer them.

I can't seem to find any comments regarding the LED headlights - are they any good? My last Hyundai (many years ago) was an i40 and the lights on that were absolutely rubbish (as are the ones on the SLC!) Best ones I have experienced so far are the LED multi function intelligent ones on the wife's Mazda 3 Sport Nav which do a partial dip on the required side etc. - very clever and amusing to watch.
I'm very impressed with the headlights on my hatch, best I've ever had on a car, and the automatic dip is brilliant.

Reactions: woodbar
^^^ what he says. Led lights are nice and bright and white. Height adjustment (once I found it) means I don’t get flashed. First car I’ve had with auto dip and I love it and it always seems to react at the correct moment.

I'm not sure you'd like the issues that come along with a pano roof. They're prone to movement in the chassis that causes creaking and constant attention after the roof is a bit older.

Better option is a for a moon roof if it comes available.

Reactions: BNEJRN
Also, unless they change the specs with the facelift version, you'll probably not be able to get a panoramic roof in the UK.

You certainly can't on the current model, even though almost everywhere else can get it....

Thanks for all the comments, glad to hear the headlights seem good as once you have had a vehicle with decent LED lighting then reverting to Halogen (as in my SLC) seems like you just have a couple of candles up front!

I assume the auto function just switches between high and dip beams and not intelligent blanking of part of the beams when required which a lot do these days?

Noted the possible problems with the Pano roof - thinking about it even the fixed glassed option can be dodgy - my SLC has one and often emits a loud "crack"ing noise - I understand this is due to incorrect torque on some of the retaining clips, but of course MB "don't have any reported faults" and can't do anything (i.e. cant be a****d to strip the headlining and some of the folding gear out to cure it).

I wondered about availability of the sunroof in the UK as it seems that the "Treasure Island" syndrome is still valid - from experience I know that Hyundai, Kia and Mazda UK vehicles are often not fitted with some items that are standard spec for Europe or don't offer options that are available in the rest of Europe!

Oh well, still seems to fit most of my essential requirements list - decent performance & handling, fun factor, decent lighting, auto transmission, adjustable dampers, air con, reversing camera, Google Auto, nice sounding exhaust (unless the latest EU regs have caught up with the facelift?).

It would seem to miss out on full leather seats, decent look and feel for the door cards and dashboard trim and almost total black interior - a bit dull?

Better start saving for March then as I am sure this Brexit fiasco will add a grand or two to the list by then!

Correct, they are by no means fancy headlights. It is just on/off.
Oh well, that is good enough anyway.

I assume the fastback does not have a rear wiper - don't know why they don't fit them on coupe style machines - my previous Mazda 6 and C200 could have done with one as well as the SLC200, but I will let them off with that one as it is a folding roof so might be just a touch difficult to fit!

Done some more reading and it has reinforced my "Treasure Island" UK theory - I understand that Hyundai UK want to charge for the activation of the SLIF (traffic sign recognition) feature and don't necessarily activate the windows close from remote function?

What is it with all these UK distributors - my Mazda 6 Sport Nav Auto was lacking the normal/sport drive selector, auto door locking function, heated rear seats etc. and had no option for a sun-roof - all fitted standard or available as option elsewhere.

Some while ago, must be about 3 years I suppose, I actually ordered an FK8 Type R when they first came out and yes, I have had my eyes tested since!

In the end Honda UK treated me with such disdain that I cancelled it. They advertised £500 discount on ANY Civic - "Ah, not available on the Type R sir". They also advertised a free "MY Honda" dongle on any Civic - you guessed it "Ah, not available on the Type R sir - we can supply one for £499"! They were actually giving these things away to people with other varieties of Honda cars! Free mats - NO, discount - NO. I was already getting a bit concerned as there were quite a few owners on the American forums (where the car was first released well before the UK even though it was manufactured in Swindon) who had gearbox replacements and wheel and tyre problems so I politely suggested where they could park their car!

They did actually later contact me through the dealer and suggested they could do the £500 and the "negotiate" the dongle but it was too late because as soon as I had cancelled the FK8 I toddled off to an MB dealer and bought the C200 AMG line Premium Plus (a lovely and beautifully engineered car) with an appreciable discount for less money than the Honda and it was delivered in 3 days - just as well because I had sold the M6 by then!

Sorry, off topic rant - but these UK distributors and their "stealers" just make my blood boil.

• Wow
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO