• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out out the i30 N Bible Here!

I bought a new car - Hyundai i30 Fastback

So, last week I got a 2018 i30 Fastback with 20k kilometres (about 12.5k miles) on the clock with a 5 year warranty. It's my first "new" car purchase, previously I've owned an EP2 Civic and Opel Astra G, so it's a huge change. The car's fully loaded with an optional package which adds blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control.

I'm not a big fan of the regular i30 (or the wagon), but I LOVE the design of the Fastback, especially the back-end. One thing I don't like is the design of the daytime running lights. When I saw the interior in pictures, I didn't really like the dashed on screen, but it kind of grown on me and I don't really mind it now.

The car's an absolute blast to drive, the ride is comfortable and it's pretty quiet even at higher speeds. It came with 18" wheels, 1.4L 103KW and a 7-Speed DCT, the shifts are pretty quick and the adaptive cruise works really well, although sometimes at lower speeds it gets clunky. It's cool that it has a start-stop cruise, so even when the cars comes to a full stop, it doesn't disengage.

eddie_gt4

Glad you enjoy it! I'm also a big fan of the i30 Fastback's look :cool:
The main reason I'm here is the upcoming Fastback N, I'm considering it as my new daily... at the meantime, I'm looking at the other "alternatives", but the sleek design of Fastback N really impresses me

I'm little disappointed that Fastback N doesn't have options as ordinary Fastback that could make it a little more "premium" compared to "normal" N