• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Hyundai Touchup Paint on Bumper

Stash-N

May 24, 2018
Adelaide Australia
Has anyone got any further information on touchup paint? Small scrape on the red accent strip on the front spoiler I would really like to fix up. Have to admit I have not asked my dealer at this point. :eek:

Who! Me.

Apr 4, 2018
Belfast
Touch-up paint is a doddle to apply just brush on the paint liberally, then wait the allotted time then use the other end which is on the car dip it in water and rub until the paint disappears off the surface of the body work only leaving paint in the touched up area it worked really well you could not see it after it was completed but what did not work well was the top coat it dried very white and was a pain to remove in fact I rubbed that much it lifted the already applied paint so had to start over.

Snacketti

Dec 2, 2019
Zürich
Hello guys

First of all I'm not sure if this is the right section for my this kind of thread so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

So I managed to scratch off a bit of the red paint of the front bumper. I don't really know why that could happen since i just took a turn from the mainstreet over a curbstone with a small ramp. The scratches itself aren't really visible when you look at the car normally but I still would like to get it fixed. The problem is that I'm not sure what the best way would be.

It's apparent on the attachement pictures that paint got literally rubbed of at a few spots.

Do you have any ideas?

Cheers

Attachments

loafer-N77

Staff member
Feb 4, 2019
UK
They are black 'blank' mouldings that are then painted.

If replacements are purchased they need painting red.
Hence why touching in any damage is best course of action.

Reactions: GazmaN

PeterW

May 19, 2020
Hampshire
Y'all going to be fed up with me.

Where have you guys gotten touch up paint from for the red strips on the bumper?

The bible says it is NNR Passion Red which I have ordered from the below, but this seems too dark (or they have sent me the wrong thing)

Just wondering if anybody has been able to get a close match with something else?