• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Hyundai SEMA builds

Thanks Chris, for taking the time to post this.:) It is nice to see some focus on the Hyundai Veloster N but I'll my reserve my excitement, somewhat. I certainly hope the suppliers from both builds (not the builders), follow thru with VN and Kona specific speed, performance accessories.

This is not always the case. Many SEMA builds in the past, have produced nothing but corporate ordered, sponsored, cars and motorcycles for specific promotions. Nearly two thirds of the builds, are one off prototypes and never make it into production. We'll see more VN specific, speed equipment come from the smaller manufactures anyway. So, I'll take a wait and see view point for now.;)

Keeping in mind, both of these companies, (Bisimoto & RockStar) like to maintain high public visibility for their ie.; engineering, products and sales brands. Rockstar of course, focusing more on their promotion of namesake beverages.

I've been around long enough to see SEMA change drastically over the years. From highlighting small speed equipment, manufacturing businesses, to corporate sponsorship, promotional builders and media regalia. It's really turned into a corporate a three ring circus.:eek:

The business of SEMA hasn't changed though. It's all about the small business, speed equipment manufactures. All you have to do is walk down rows and rows of small businesses at the convention. Without them, SEMA wouldn't exist. Very similar to the; National Shot Show.

I suppose this is a realist viewpoint, however it's history.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, for taking the time to post this.:) . It is nice to see some focus on the Hyundai Veloster N but I'll my reserve my excitement, somewhat. I certainly hope the suppliers from both builds (not the builders), follow thru with VN and Kona specific speed, performance accessories.

This is not always the case. Many SEMA builds in the past, have produced nothing but corporate ordered, sponsored, cars and motorcycles for specific promotions. Nearly two thirds of the builds, are one off prototypes and never make it into production. We'll see more VN specific, speed equipment come from the smaller manufactures anyway. So, I'll take a wait and see view point for now.;)

Keeping in mind, both of these companies, (Bisimoto & RockStar) like to maintain high public visibility for their ie.; engineering, products and sales brands. Rockstar of course, focusing more on their promotion of namesake beverages.

I've been around long enough to see SEMA change drastically over the years. From highlighting small speed equipment, manufacturing businesses, to corporate sponsorship, promotional builders and media regalia. It's really turned into a corporate a three ring circus.:eek:

The business of SEMA hasn't changed though. It's all about the small business, speed equipment manufactures. All you have to do is walk down rows and rows of small businesses at the convention. Without them, SEMA wouldn't exist. Very similar to the; National Shot Show.

I suppose this is a realist viewpoint, however it's history.
I agree 100% I’ve never been to SEMA but it is def on the top of my to do list. And I do follow it a bit I’m hoping that Bisimoto isn’t just in it for the publicity and actually starts mass producing some of the equipment. Or atleast has a hand in getting some of those options to market. Especially the turbo upgrade. I know they bought a VN awhile ago and that gave me high hopes they would start producing parts. But it seems like they ended up just turning it into the SEMA build. Hopefully this isn’t the end of it.. but only time will tell.

Reactions: R Veloster N
Reactions: Mr. N
That VN needs more stickers on the rear window, definitely not enough!

On a side note, those Tarox brakes look lovely. Probably over £2k for the fronts though :D

Now this car needs no introduction. But here are pictures that were taken by a photographer at SEMA 2019. That spoiler is slowly growing on me for some reason. 97609005-29CE-4EE1-A036-340645A2D29B.jpeg812B9D20-B405-460D-8619-79AD57230301.jpeg205C1321-6A0E-41D3-88D5-7FC3B9DBE804.jpegC3D6D61F-7495-43A2-8137-3B059B0CFBA7.jpeg

Reactions: GazmaN and BeNNN
Features the full line of N-Accessory Parts Hyundai has been touting since 2018. So far nothing available yet. Maybe after SEAM, hopefully.:confused:
Only thing im waiting for is December like what it says on the N Performance parts catalogs in Korea. Im guessing we will get price details by the end of this month. The fact that the N performance concept has gotten little attention at SEMA might indicate that we wont be able to see the N performance parts for the US market.

Also, here’s a video of a guy talking about the Veloster N Performance concept at SEMA 2019. Doesnt say anything about Hyundai planning on releasing the N Performance parts to the US.

Last edited: