• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Hyundai Auto Link

Stash-N

Hi everyone I was after one of these auto link units had my 1500 service today they refused to give me one or sell one to me saying it would harm the car is there some where I can buy one as all the dealer ships in Newcastle are a joke take your money and don’t give a shit. asked about auto windows going down by pressing key fob said I was dreaming. said there was no such thing thought there was. Please Help
Hi @Silverfox74. Sorry you seem to be at loggerheads with your local dealers. :( The auto windows is definitely a thing. Many owners have had this enabled after the pre delivery at the first service / inspection. Mine were all working upon pickup (She is nearly 3 weeks old now).
Hyundai (Aust) have indicated this is part of the Pre Delivery checklist when they "plug the car" in to the computer / diag tool.
Some early owners had the Auto Link fitted from new. The dealer fits these and I am guessing when the first N cars did not have one some dealers just grabbed one from somewhere and fitted it. Hyundai (AUS) say the device was not spec'ed for the N car in Australia as it is not an economy type car. Fair enough I guess. My dealer gave me one (no charge) once I explained my motivation for having it. See my earlier post. I was told also that the device "could" cause the car some issues by the dealer. I ran the car for two days and then fitted the Auto Link. No detectable issues with the car since the install which is nice. It is easy to remove should something appear in the future.
It is not configured correctly for the N so many of the functions don't work at this point. This is not to say in the future that Hyundai could not roll out an update. It's just software after all.
For me there is no downside. No cost. No car issues. Calls the numbers (via my phone) I want should the airbags deploy (hopefully). I can see the fuel level in my lounge room and the odometer too. :cool::)

Hi @Silverfox74. Sorry you seem to be at loggerheads with your local dealers. :( The auto windows is definitely a thing. Many owners have had this enabled after the pre delivery at the first service / inspection. Mine were all working upon pickup (She is nearly 3 weeks old now).
Hyundai (Aust) have indicated this is part of the Pre Delivery checklist when they "plug the car" in to the computer / diag tool.
Some early owners had the Auto Link fitted from new. The dealer fits these and I am guessing when the first N cars did not have one some dealers just grabbed one from somewhere and fitted it. Hyundai (AUS) say the device was not spec'ed for the N car in Australia as it is not an economy type car. Fair enough I guess. My dealer gave me one (no charge) once I explained my motivation for having it. See my earlier post. I was told also that the device "could" cause the car some issues by the dealer. I ran the car for two days and then fitted the Auto Link. No detectable issues with the car since the install which is nice. It is easy to remove should something appear in the future.
It is not configured correctly for the N so many of the functions don't work at this point. This is not to say in the future that Hyundai could not roll out an update. It's just software after all.
For me there is no downside. No cost. No car issues. Calls the numbers (via my phone) I want should the airbags deploy (hopefully). I can see the fuel level in my lounge room and the odometer too. :cool::)
Thanks mate we have to try other Hyundai dealerships in Sydney the might be able to sort me out better than Newcastle ones

Stash-N

Thanks mate we have to try other Hyundai dealerships in Sydney the might be able to sort me out better than Newcastle ones
Apparently rental car companies that use i30's don't fit the Auto Link as it needs to be paired to a phone. If you know someone in that game maybe they can get you one as a "plan B". My understanding is they have plenty of them. Just info from a guy I work with so I have not personally confirmed this. @Bill Thomas may be able to help too. Give him a PM if you strike out with DealerLand.

Apparently rental car companies that use i30's don't fit the Auto Link as it needs to be paired to a phone. If you know someone in that game maybe they can get you one as a "plan B". My understanding is they have plenty of them. Just info from a guy I work with so I have not personally confirmed this. @Bill Thomas may be able to help too. Give him a PM if you strike out with DealerLand.
Got hold of a dealership is booked in for the 30th November to sort both things out. thanks for your advice and time to get back to me so quickly Injoy the rest of your day mate much appreciated.

GazmaN

Mine came the Auto Link installed and the dealer downloaded the app on my phone and logged in. Seems weird that some would offer this and others won't. The app is rather buggy though I must admit.
Same with me on all fronts there. The novelty of using it has kinda worn off but i'll still chuck it on if we're going for a longer trip where I know I will have a chance to do some 'spirited' driving. Mainly so I can have a look back at the Driving History page, see how much fuel got devoured, then bring up the map of the trip that pinpoints the harsh acceleration, hard braking and rapid cornering bits so i can discuss with the Mrs, reminisce and have a laugh later. "Remember that bit? That was sick eh!".

stig_3754

@Stash-N

At the moment , it seems to show the PSI of the tires, maps work ok, sync with the ODO. Fuel is telling me there 63% left in the tank.
Show the driving history, other things are not working. Maybe i have to be in N mode. going to play around over the weekend and see.
Seems to be the same as mine. Also, it'll often pop up with a notification that I've only got 15% fuel remaining, regardless of how much is in there. Seems to be a common bug too.

Stash-N

The Auto Link unit is not really calibrated for the N variant of the i30. The ECU would be quite different too which I would suggest is why many of the features don't work. It is really a fuel economy tool for owners of i30's looking for maximum fuel economy.
I was interested in it for the ability to use your phone to call a designated number if the air bags deployed. The fact you can use the app to get 4c off Caltex fuel does not hurt either.
Fuel % in the tank works for me along with the total odometer too. The notifications make me laugh I admit. I assume these can be turned off once I get bored with them. All good. :):cool:

stig_3754

The Auto Link unit is not really calibrated for the N variant of the i30. The ECU would be quite different too which I would suggest is why many of the features don't work. It is really a fuel economy tool for owners of i30's looking for maximum fuel economy.
I was interested in it for the ability to use your phone to call a designated number if the air bags deployed. The fact you can use the app to get 4c off Caltex fuel does not hurt either.
Fuel % in the tank works for me along with the total odometer too. The notifications make me laugh I admit. I assume these can be turned off once I get bored with them. All good. :):cool:
Yeah it works pretty much the same as mine does. The dealer showed me the feature about contacting emergency, roadside assist and booking a service etc. It's pretty cool.

I heard on the facebook page that autolink has been updated for the N in January? Anyone else heard this and are others who already have the autolink installed seeing differences or will that only happen once you go into the dealer to get an update during your service? I am due to pick up my N later this week so wondering whether I should be checking if this installed? I am keen for those remote options if they work (they say premium only). Don't care so much for the fuel, but the safety options also seem good to have.

Hugh_85

I sent Bill a message asking what those of us should do that didn't get one in the beginning should do. It's one of those things that you may never use but the the time you do need it'd be really nice to have it.

NULLOBANDITO

Hey guys!

Does anyone know if specific hardware is required for AutoLink to work, or just a Bluetooth OBD reader? Would be interesting to see if we could get this working on european cars, maybe for the remote horn/climate.

Cheers.

padigree

Staff member
Hey guys!

Does anyone know if specific hardware is required for AutoLink to work, or just a Bluetooth OBD reader? Would be interesting to see if we could get this working on european cars, maybe for the remote horn/climate.

Cheers.
A while ago I was searching for the same thing. Found some Links where they say:

"Hyundai Auto Link is a smartphone app[...]. It works by using a pre-installed module that connects the [...]. "
(Source: https://www.hyundai.com.au/cars/suvs/kona/accessories/technology/auto-link-premium)
Autolinkpremium.jpg
On the site below you can see the difference between the BT version and the "premium SimCard version".

https://www.hyundai.com.au/owning/auto-link-bluetooth

Hyundai Auto Link Bluetooth App _ Hyundai Australia.jpg
So you need the premium version for that. I cant find the modules seperatly anywhere.

On this site /https://www.drivezero.com.au/cars/review-hyundai-autolink-premium/#comment-1017/ ) Some german people commented, that they also wanted to buy the hardware. "you should contact hyundai for an answer" was the answer. Price: 495 AUD / 315 €

NULLOBANDITO

The price is actually not too bad considering you can use it for remote A/C and defroster. But the question is if it also works on european cars. As I've seen the app requires a VIN (and doesn't accept my car's VIN :confused: ) for it to work and connect to the car.

Also I don't get why Hyundai Europe doesn't have a similar thing to Auto Link, as it would be much appreciated by many people over here. Maybe something with data privacy and stuff? :rolleyes: