• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N How was your i30N during these winters?

olliekookoo

Nthusiast
Oct 31, 2019
Germany
First of many winters with the i30N. Where did you go and did you get it stuck as I did?
I'm not sure if it was the Hankook Winter tyres or my incompentancy of driving in the snow (first time being stuck like this) but the car doesn't seem to like the snowy uphill road.
Here is my friend's youtube channel documenting the whole thing. Although it's in Korean, lets just enjoy the view and laugh about the day as no i30N was harmed while filming, only a *slightly* burnt clutch.

salemetal

Nthusiast
Oct 18, 2019
Bjelovar
I think there's nothing you could of done here. I had a similar situation with my BMW, it was slightly downhill, and I had to backup uphill, and I had hankook tires that were not the best, to say the least. And it was RWD. I thought it wouldn't happened if I had FWD and better tires. But you never know, it looks like it's on ice and hopeless.

Reactions: olliekookoo

s.arhangelov

Nthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
Here's a nice trick to help with traction when you're stuck:
Put the floor mats under your front wheels to give them an initial boost of traction. Don't be so aggressive with the accelerator pedal. Nice and easy. Find an empty parking lot with an incline and practice. That's how I learned :)

Reactions: olliekookoo

Clemet

Nthusiast
Dec 26, 2020
Norway
Continental winter tires on in Norway, and it's been great so far. I have to go up a small hill to get into the drive way, and last winter in my previous car (with older tires - worth noting) we sometimes had to park down by the road. No issue climbing up with the i30N so far.

The Lone Wolve

Nthusiast
Nov 4, 2018
cannock, south stafforshire
i30 cannock chase1.png
I had the Hankook ones and had no issues with snow driving. Yeah, you don't accelerate like crazy. Just roll backward and find some fresh snow for grip. Once the wheels had spun that spot is polished and it's no use. Cut some small flat twigs and wedge them in front of the contact patch. In snowy conditions, it's important to carry a chopping knife to cut down some vegetation. Avoid driven lines and always seek fresh, sticky soft snow.