• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Windshield Coating

As a how to mate hope you dont mind me saying, there are some steps that i would not miss out as i often do this for paying customers :).

After cleaning with your chosen cleaner you will want to cover the screen in Fallout remover, rinse then clay the window and wash in a IPA solution, the tiny pours in the glass hold allot of dirt you will not see with the naked eye due to light reflection meaning your not getting the best from your chosen product :)

Reactions: Cygnus X-1
As a how to mate hope you dont mind me saying, there are some steps that i would not miss out as i often do this for paying customers :).

After cleaning with your chosen cleaner you will want to cover the screen in Fallout remover, rinse then clay the window and wash in a IPA solution, the tiny pours in the glass hold allot of dirt you will not see with the naked eye due to light reflection meaning your not getting the best from your chosen product :)
Thank you for your feedback!

For industrial use, I would say yes. Since i own the car i only used the wipers 4 times, so i think @ a new car this isnt that important :D

But i agree with you. for customers it's nice when you're done the job as good as you can. I don't own any of these things, so I did it how everyone could do it :) Also I used a 99cents cleaner, because i don't feel any difference to products for ~9€. Maybe the high-end things are a bit better/faster/idk, but nearly all of them do their job :)

Reactions: Bigbruiseral
Thank you for the how to. i ordered some coating a few days ago, but i never do soem windshield coating before.
my product will not have a applicator like your in the video, but i think this will be also possible with a towel.
which product you took for the preparation cleaning?

Thank you for the how to. i ordered some coating a few days ago, but i never do soem windshield coating before.
my product will not have a applicator like your in the video, but i think this will be also possible with a towel.
which product you took for the preparation cleaning?
what did you order?
most glass coatings can be applyed with cotton pads. Some need microsuede cloth but this come usually with the coating.
for preparation: clean thoroughly with glass cleaner. if available use isopropanol alcohol (IPA) to get rid of oils and grease.

Reactions: padigree
hi, i ordered h9 windshield coating. will try this cheap product first on the side and back window, before i apply it on the windshield.
years ago, i bought a coating in a shop, and apply it on the windshield. the view was worse in the rain, then before.

i think, it will be a good idea to organize some IPA.is it necessary, to clean with water, after the IPA?

It’s funny, I’ve never used anything other than the shampoo that I wash the car with and/or a glass cleaner on the Windscreen and other windows of the car.

Does using Car Pro Trix or whatever plus a clay bar really make a good difference on glass? That’s my Sunday job sorted then.....

Reactions: Stash-N
Never even purchased a clay bar.Have a detailer near by he does the ceramic coating and every time I wash the car I apply a sealant to the windscreen don't even need the wipers cos the rain beads off.

IPA is good without rinsing afterwards. Cloying and polishing is only needed for older screens. New or regularly cleaned cars should be good without.

Reactions: Stash-N
I’ve used this as the video instructions and it’s been great. One question I’d like to ask is how long does this coating generally last before reapplying?

the Glaco? would estimated around 6 month before it starts to wear off.
depends on many things like how you use the car, whats in your windscreen washer and so on.

Cheers, it’s working well, but I have to drive faster when it’s raining to watch the rain just slide off