• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Speed Camera Warnings

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
Did anyone tried using a solution to add a 4G-Stick to your cars?
I thought it was a good idea to use this one and just put it in the power socket in the trunk. However I just found out, that you have to power it on manually. Did anyone find a solution that would power on automatically when I start the car?

Using my phone as a hotspot is plan b, as I have a spare sim card which I would like to use in such a stick...

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
There are many different sticks and mobile Hotspots out there, some are starting when plugging in, some have to be started manually, and some doesn't even work..

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
yep thats what I thought. Any experience with either one of those that work?
My fav scenario would be to use one of these Cigarette-Lighter-to-USB dongles in the boot and put a 4g-stick on there.

Reactions: Antza

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
yep thats what I thought. Any experience with either one of those that work?
My fav scenario would be to use one of these Cigarette-Lighter-to-USB dongles in the boot and put a 4g-stick on there.
I gave it a short search on Google, the HUAWEI E8372 WiFi seems to be good. Autostarting within 40 seconds.

Reactions: Bu11eT

BraT81

Jun 14, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Sorry to necro this, but just saw this video on Youtube and i'm amazed you guys have Wifi.
The Australian Variants don't have Wifi.

Does anyone know where i can source a wifi moudle or enable it?

riccy

May 26, 2020
Europe
hi, first post from a new german fastback owner.
since I wanted to use the traffic and speedtrap service, i bought the telekom CarConnect obd2 adapter via ebay.de

it creates a wifi-network, which could be used by passengers or in my case by the car itself.
5gb data per month should be more than enough, and the price seems to be fair for 12 months. After this period I am planning to find another cheap data contract, or maybe buy another one of these carConnect sets..

via the carConnect app I can also monitor my trips and see stats like max. speed of the trip or max. rpm. Or see, where i parked the car.

since the cover no longer closes when the stick is plugged in, I bought a short obd2-extension cable on amazon. now the cover closes more or less :)

Last edited:

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
Sorry to necro this, but just saw this video on Youtube and i'm amazed you guys have Wifi.
The Australian Variants don't have Wifi.

Does anyone know where i can source a wifi moudle or enable it?
I am running this cheeky little guy with an angled adapter combo on the cigarette lighter in the trunk:

Just have a typical sim card in there, system powers on automatically when I turn on the ignition. Really satisfied with it so far.

BraT81

Jun 14, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I am running this cheeky little guy with an angled adapter combo on the cigarette lighter in the trunk:

Just have a typical sim card in there, system powers on automatically when I turn on the ignition. Really satisfied with it so far.
This doesn't work for us over here as we have no way to connect to a wifi network from the unit.

I can hotspot of the phone no issue with that, i get 120gb of data a month, just we don't have wifi built into our units.

maniemana

Jun 19, 2020
Taunus (Germany)
I am using the app "Hotspot Automatik" (Android). Works flawlessly - automatically turns on hotspot whenever the radio is in range. I even can have bluetooth disabled on my phone. Using a 9T Pro with LineageOs.