• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Remote Windows

Had My 10.000 mile service today on a 68 plate 2018 car, requested the windows down function be enabled, the main dealer informs Me and I quote from the service paperwork "Vehicle systems do not support this function", I've got the windows up function which in My opinion is more important so I'm not really fussed but it seems strange that some do and some don't, the service was £119 which I don't think is too bad....

Reactions: GazmaN and Bu11eT
Had the speed info on dash (SLIF) activated today at my dealer. I also requested the remote windows as described here but as others have posted the option was missing. He showed me a picture of his tablet and it wasn’t there.

Not too bothered as SLIF was my main goal but it’s interesting as to how the option has seemingly vanished.

So maybe an Update on Hyundai GDS / Their VCI?
Can't imagine that they changed something between first and second half of MY2019.
Would be interessting if there is any possibility via Carmanscan or Interfaces like that.

Reactions: GazmaN
Hi all,

I am coming up to my 1500km service and realizing that my car did not get setup for Auto Down window function by holding the lock button. It does have the Auto Up Window enabled tho.

Has anyone have experience with going back to the service center and setup the full function that it should have done during pre-delivery process?

If you do, can you please share with us on which dealership in Sydney did you go to that knows this function and willing to assist in regards?

As the dealership that sold me the car bs to me that only those with luxury pack has it and because my car is a base model so this function does not exist but after confirming with Geoff, all Hyundai should have this.

Many thanks

Reactions: 1FastStagea
I have just checked and mine only go up not down so thats on my list to sort with the dealer next visit

Reactions: BurntRice
Just found out my car hasnt got either window function up or down !
Or the silf which they said i have to pay for !
But did find the puddle light :)

Just found out my car hasnt got either window function up or down !
Or the silf which they said i have to pay for !
But did find the puddle light :)

Which bit of the puddle light? I’ve got it so they illuminate when the car is unlocked but from the manual I’ve seen there should also be an option for them to illuminate when you open a door from the inside.

In one of the facebook groups for Australia we have been told that the function to have the windows go down is now not available anymore (if you had it previously, you can keep it.) this is on all the Hyundai cars due to people accidentally having the windows go down and things being stolen or damaged by weather.

In one of the facebook groups for Australia we have been told that the function to have the windows go down is now not available anymore (if you had it previously, you can keep it.) this is on all the Hyundai cars due to people accidentally having the windows go down and things being stolen or damaged by weather.
Good point

I'd say that's reason to make it an option in the car settings menu. Not remove it completely. Having to have a dealer activate these options makes no sense when you have an easy to use interface.