• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: LED Rear Indicators

Good advice. And yeah - It's bloody nerve-racking the first time you do it eh! Like when you first lift the rear wiper, you swear you're gonna break something.
I actually ended up scratching the paintwork yanking the light sideways... Once I put the light back on you can't see the missing paint but I know that it's there....

Reactions: GazmaN
Did anyone tried Osram products for rear indicators and reverse light? I'm unable to find if they will throw errors or not.
What I've got is that the number plate LEDs from Osram are very nice and don't have errors.

Did anyone tried Osram products for rear indicators and reverse light? I'm unable to find if they will throw errors or not.
What I've got is that the number plate LEDs from Osram are very nice and don't have errors.
If you could say which ones, maybe I could help you. The Osram Retrofit rear indicators py21w (581) 2w ones definetly don't work. Tried them and they hyperflashed (additional an error for free).

BTW, reverse light and plate lights will never show any error.

I’ve tried several less expensive bulbs, most work fine if just changing fronts or rears. Some work fine for a while if changing both ends but eventually give an error and hyper flash. But I highly recommend the Lasfits shown below, I have been using them along with their suitable replacement for the front indicators for several months and no issues.

However they are bright, I ended up blacking out most of the led’s on each bulb to dim them and they’re working great. (Some reviews mention them hyperflashing after 2-3 minutes of use due to elevated temps, I’ve not experienced this myself)

LASFIT 1156 BA15S P21W 7506 LED Turn Signal Light Blinker Bulbs with CANBUS Anti Hyper Flash, No Load Resistor Need, 2020 Upgraded Intelligent Temperature Control Version- Amber Yellow (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMT1Q6Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xKdnFb2V5K4C5

Learned about Osram issues i indicator bulbs the hard way - by trying myself...
Though they flash perfectly fine - still get an error on the dash - Check rear indicators....
Osram reverse LEDs work just fine...

Indicators that fail:
20200831_205121.jpg

What are the reverse ones? What's the code? Thank you.
Osram-LED-W16W-White-Premium.jpg

Got these to add to the Osram indicator LED bulbs.
Given how hefty the heatsinks are, I suspect the reason bulbs with integrated resistor fail is the temperature and everything being packaged too tightly.
Will obviously need to take a bit of trunk trim apart to mount the resistors in the trunk.
Hopefully the Osram+Philips quality does not disappoint and they last a few years...
Philips-CAN-BUS-CONTROLER-LED-klaidų-naikintojas-21W-1.jpg

If anyone wants to use LEDs with no resistors integrated (I strongly believe their lifespan is limited due to very tight packaging and overheating) - you can install resistors.
There's plenty of space behind the boot trim, you just need to remove a couple of screws to access the area on each side.
You can mount the resistors right against the car body to ensure cooler operating temps.
I've tested these for a couple of minutes, they get quite warm.
The resistors should be connected in parallel on grey and black wires of the indicator/stoplight connector.
I used these:

Couple of pics of where these get installed.
20200906_153007.jpg20200906_153027.jpg

Reactions: Bu11eT
If anyone wants to use LEDs with no resistors integrated (I strongly believe their lifespan is limited due to very tight packaging and overheating) - you can install resistors.
There's plenty of space behind the boot trim, you just need to remove a couple of screws to access the area on each side.
You can mount the resistors right against the car body to ensure cooler operating temps.
I've tested these for a couple of minutes, they get quite warm.
The resistors should be connected in parallel on grey and black wires of the indicator/stoplight connector.
I used these:

Couple of pics of where these get installed.
View attachment 14872View attachment 14873
Hi pal great work 👍 just wanted to ask fitting the Philips canbus resistors with the py21w osram leds did this work to stop any error signs on the dash?

Kind regards
Fez

Had a mare this morning…. Fitted Canbus error free plug and play LED indicator bulbs to my new i30 N and it’s come up with an error code on the dash….
swapped them back for the Halogen(STD) bulbs and the error remains and now the indicators don’t actually work🥲
Swapped them back to the LED bulbs and the indicators work but now I’ve just got the dash giving me grief telling me ‘ Check turn indicator’
Any help would be appreciated…
Thanks 😊