• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: LED Interior

Marky

Jul 23, 2018
Cheshire
Trying to change my glovebox I blew two fuses so either the bulbs weren’t good or the system couldn’t handle all the LED’s. Lesson learnt the hard way
I did the same, mostly my incompetence but did have concerns over the cheap LEDs (some are a bit flickery) . Happy that it was only fuses that were blown though (and cheap to replace).

Reactions: Charlsankey1

watto33

Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
So the general census is that even if the LED's do cause damage it's generally only going to be the fuses that fail ?

I'm confused how other sufferers had their BCU fry when the fuses should have gone first.

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
@Maverick, nobody said on this forum or on this car, but as a general warning it seems fair enough. "Buy cheap buy twice".
Buy the right one and don't buy twice. I thought like you do, but I often have had problems. No problem with my interior LEDs or licence plate LEDs since day 1 (Now ~10 months - total cost maybe 20€ for 5kits. - 10Leds for ~2€, some with a bit more power.)

Got some "quality" LEDs from "well-known manufacturers" (osram / phillips) and often had problems with temperatures and flickering after a while.
If you know what you need and are familiar with it, you can save much money. The shops also buy everything from china, test it and sell it for a lot of money. Here laziness and ignorance are exploited.

speedking

Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
I'm not sure that paying for professionals to test your electronics to reduce the risk of failure is "lazy and ignorant", for me it's a conscious decision. Failure while in use and the consequent hassle of returning the product for replacement and doing the job three times outweighs the extra cost for me.

Crocoman

Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
So, that’s my rear left indicator LED now faulty. I’ll drop Classic Car LED’s another email and see what they say.

Think I’ll just put the standard bulbs back in actually....

Reactions: padigree

Crocoman

Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
Yeah @speedking

That’s where I’m at with these Led’s. I have put the OEM bulbs back in and yes, I could get in touch with the company and send the LED’s back but I think I’m done with these.

I’m not throwing the toys out the pram here.
But I’ve never,ever had to replace a faulty turn signal bulb in all my years of driving. Hey, maybe I need to drive like BMW drivers and not use my indicators....:p

Reactions: padigree

BurntRice

May 24, 2018
Australia
I'm on mobile and the site isn't loading very well at my current location, so sorry if it's been said. Although has there been any information on how to disable the indicator voltage checking?

I got my DRLs replaced with custom boards which have sequential indicators although it is hyperflashing, I was told you can disable the indicator voltage check in the ECU. has anyone had experience with fixing this?

Corsa59

Jan 19, 2018
I hate cheap no name led bulbs. The only ones I've changed are the reversing bulbs and I used Osram ones. Much more expensive and when you look at them you can see why.
I'll second that one... Classic Cars may charge a premium price for their LED indicator bulbs, but I bet they don't buy them at a premium price, or buy a premium product. Another online seller buying cheap chinese junk and selling them as premium product.

Reactions: Jajodu

AuranM

Jan 20, 2018
Which brand of led bulb are people putting in there glovebox as it's the only one I have not changed yet

accma

Jun 13, 2019
Leioa
Here are the rear interior lights in the sunroof model.
View attachment 2177
Removing the front diffuser and cover reveals this:
View attachment 2178
which also doesn't fit the description of the lights in the manual as far as I can see. It looks like it's soldered in, at least I can't budge it without slight force, and I'm not willing to force it out.
I'm just going to leave this as is.
Hello. Did you find the way to change this bulbs?

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com

Eugt999

Feb 27, 2019
Melbourne
Really? This is about 150€ for the kit :eek:

View attachment 8934

Someone bought this? Would be interessting how "quality built" they really are.

Also i don't understand why they use plate lighting and map lights with 'non-error' resistors. The good thing on the N is, you can put every LED in there, without getting errors (Except the Indicators)
Package and company is Australian based so price is AUD not euro, so it helps out locals here as we don't have luxury of cheap shipping in and about Europe. about 100€ without indicators which is what the list shows above.
i've seen the LEDs and they come with a full aluminium housing unlike cheaper eBay ones which are fully exposed with no housing.

Reactions: Kobrah