• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Launch Control

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Again and again, the question arises: How does the Launch Conrol actually work?

For some of you, it may not work because certain assumptions are not followed exactly.
This little guide explains step-by-step what you need to do to succeed.
The pictures below are taken from the instruction manual.

Important: Disable CruiseControl. Othewise you can't change the rpms.

Rev range: 3500rpm to 4750rpm

Activate:

Change Revs:

English Version:

Launch_control_english.jpg

German Version:

Launch_control_german.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome - I'll drop my wife at the store and try it out as she walks away. A little more sound would have helped.
That's why I wrote something in German and in English in here and in the videodescription, so without words it's multilingual. :D only problem is my phone camera. The microphone is a bit quiet..

Reactions: BadShadd
How are you guys launching your car? I was attempting a few launches yesterday but I can't get under 7 seconds for 0-100 kmh.... I even powershifted one of the attempts. I felt that the smoothest launches were between 2-2.5k rpm and moderately-fast releasing the clutch, but still, always around 7.5 seconds. I was alone with less than half of a tank

Similar to that - I last tried it at 3K RPM then gently brought the clutch in - bit of tyre squeal but a smooth launch and I manged 5.9 seconds but it is in MPH so I hit 60mph as it redlines in 2nd whereas you probably need to grab 3rd to hit 100 KMH (62 mph).
My fastest time was 5.5 but I haven't managed that again.
I don't do it very often but I usually get high 5's or low 6's so the claimed 6.1 seconds seems about right.

How are you guys launching your car? I was attempting a few launches yesterday but I can't get under 7 seconds for 0-100 kmh.... I even powershifted one of the attempts. I felt that the smoothest launches were between 2-2.5k rpm and moderately-fast releasing the clutch, but still, always around 7.5 seconds. I was alone with less than half of a tank
The best I have done so far is 6.1 seconds without launch control and ESC switched off.

Still waiting for a video of someone actually changing the revs. Mine doesn't do this but dealer goes "that's how it's supposed to work, it means one of the parameters doesn't let you do it".

A video would be good. Just pissing around launching and I may have done a little burn out :eek:. Much to the guy down the roads distaste

I wonder if this is another ‘setting’ that needs to be activated at the PDI?..... you know, similar to the remote windows etc. Dunno.

Reactions: asd and Stash-N