• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How to join theTekata Intake to the Forge turbo tube inlet adapter...

Ghost

Nthusiast
Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
I am not too good at this teaching stuff, but here is what I did to join the Tekata Intake to a Forge turbo inlet adapter.

I first ordered this intake tube. It's 3" Id and is a BEAR to get on the turbo inlet, even when lubed. Very easy to slide on the intake tube. Very nice quality tube for an incredible price.

The legs on it are 6" in each direction. I put a 3" steel band around the pieces I need to cut off. It was the easiest way to make a nice straight cut with a sharp razor. The side towards the turbo I cut off about 1.25" and the end towards the Tekata intake tube I cut about .5" off. I used blue locktite on all the screws they provided too. Everything fits nice and snug and doesn't rub on anything. It's much better attached than with the old turbo pipe and the crappy adapter they give you. I also provided the instructions to put it on. Sorry for the PDF format, wanted a video instead. Hew are a few photos:

Best regards

-Mike

Attachments

• Intake with turbo tube 1.jpg
    Intake with turbo tube 1.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Intaje with turbo tube 2.jpg
    Intaje with turbo tube 2.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Intake wuth turbo tube 3.jpg
    Intake wuth turbo tube 3.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Intake with turbo tube 4.jpg
    Intake with turbo tube 4.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 101
  • FMTIA2 Fitting instructions.pdf
    991.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
It's very hard plastic and stays cool to the touch even after beating the snot out of the car. Glad it's not metal. Thank you for the kind words. I only like to do things once. lol...

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: Mikemr305
It looks very well made, almost looks like metal lol the forge pipe does get hot sometimes šŸ˜‚

Reactions: Ghost
Nice! So you didnā€™t have to cut too much then, I was going to get the 3ā€ legs but I think Iā€™ll just go for this and cut like you did, thanks for the write up!! :)

Reactions: Ghost
Oh your welcome. I think they make different colors too but you'll have to research their website. No, didn't have to cut much at all. The hardest part of the install was getting to that back bolt, aligning the factory gasket to the Forge inlet, and getting the tube onto the inlet. That was a friggin' B!TCH! Everything fits snug and looks like it's supposed to be there.

Best regards,

-MIke

Reactions: CHRIZ619
Update: Had to go out to today and get a few things so I took the car our to test it. Definitely pulls harder, motor doesn't seem as starved as before. You CAN hear the motor more. I kind of like it, and it is not bothersome one bit. I think that thick metal turbo pipe muffled the turbo quite a bit. The motor still hasn't learned the mod yet but once it does I am sure it will feel even better. I bet gas mileage increases too if I drive "NORMAL"... lol... Great mod and really compliments both the Tekata intake and the Velossa tech intake snorkel. After a couple different set ups, I feel this is the best option for incoming air flow and reduction of intake temps entering the turbo.

Best regards,

-Mike

Just take your time. I do most of my work about 11am so I can intentionally take a lunch break and go back at it right after. Food prevents frustration and keeps the brain sharp when working on the car. You will love the results, especially after 3000 rpm. ;)

Best regards,

-Mike

Just take your time. I do most of my work about 11am so I can intentionally take a lunch break and go back at it right after. Food prevents frustration and keeps the brain sharp when working on the car. You will love the results, especially after 3000 rpm. ;)

Best regards,

-Mike
i can 2nd that,
when i installed my intercooler it was 6 in the morning and i had a terrible hangover. my breakfast did not stay in my stomach to say the least and it turned a rather simple 2 to 3 hour job into a frustrating 5 hour job šŸ˜‚

Reactions: Dimi_dboe
lol.... I always take my time. I NEVER rush. An hour job for someone else is usually a 2 hour job for me because I double and triple check everything. I only want to do a job once.... I can thank my Dad for that...

Br,

-Mike

lol.... I always take my time. I NEVER rush. An hour job for someone else is usually a 2 hour job for me because I double and triple check everything. I only want to do a job once.... I can thank my Dad for that...

Br,

-Mike
that reminds me i forgot to mention i did have to take it apart and reinstall because i had a massive boost leak and i was convinced that in my hungover rage, i must have messed something up. only to find out my bov had a loose bolt somehow, and i had a massive hole in a vacuume line šŸ˜‚ thank god ive done the toughest jobs already, everything else should be easy from here on out.

Reactions: CHRIZ619 and Ghost
I agree. My first thing on this car was a collar install. Never did it before and it wasn't bad just had to get an alignment after wards.

-M

I also put a bunch of Pierce motorsports braces on it. The 4 point , trunk, and whiteline 24mm rear sway and this car handles like a Porsche if not better. The only other handling mods are gonna be poly front sway bar bushings and lateral links, strut mount brace, and maybe a 2 point front brace. That's gonna be it. Right now the turn in is incredible. Way better than a stock N. Glad I did them...

I also put a bunch of Pierce motorsports braces on it. The 4 point , trunk, and whiteline 24mm rear sway and this car handles like a Porsche if not better. The only other handling mods are gonna be poly front sway bar bushings and lateral links, strut mount brace, and maybe a 2 point front brace. That's gonna be it. Right now the turn in is incredible. Way better than a stock N. Glad I did them...
damn thats awesome. my shopping list never seems to end for this car šŸ™ƒ

I certainly hear that. I just bought an Afe Scorcher piggyback and some HKS M45XL plugs. I can't wait. The next thing I want is a down pipe but that may have to wait till July or August. I have a spacer set too but I am not sure I want to put them on. lol... Doesn't look too bad...

Hey Red,

Is there an issue with the flaps in the head hitting the spacer? It looks super close.... Also, can we use another band clamp other then the one the car comes with that attaches to the throttle body? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you Bud.

-Mike