• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How to join theTekata Intake to the Forge turbo tube inlet adapter...

Dimi_dboe

Dec 10, 2019
Florida
My parts are coming in tomorrow and I am really excited! first time I do any type of modification to a car, besides the mud flaps I installed :) anyway I will let you know how this all goes tomorrow hopefully not too much of a crazy struggle lol

Ghost

Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
Just let us know if you need any help. The worst part is getting the back bolt out of the turbo housing and putting the silicone tube on the forge inlet. That was a wicked pain in the a$$! lol.... You seem confident so I think you'll do just fine.

Reactions: Dimi_dboe

Ghost

Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
You my friend are gonna just love it!!! Now go get the Afe Scorcher!!! You'll love it even more!!!

Dimi_dboe

Dec 10, 2019
Florida
You my friend are gonna just love it!!! Now go get the Afe Scorcher!!! You'll love it even more!!!
AFE sent me my intake with the wrong fittings :(( but they just two day shipped the correct ones right now ;)

anyway just going to make some progress and start cutting the elbow to the specs you mentioned originally, thanks for those measurements.

So is the scorcher module really worth it?

I have 6k miles on the car and I want it to be really smooth and fast[er] but I also don't want to void that warranty. I heard people just take off the module when its time to service the car, I bought a maintenance plan so I guess if they see the module they might just put in their system to not service any stuff covered under warranty. can you shed any light on this?

Thank you!

Ghost

Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
I do all of my own maintenance. I don't trust other people with my cars. Never did...

The Scorcher is the best mod so far. Literally spin through 3 gears in full on race mode. It makes the car much, much faster. And for 357 bucks it cannot be beat! Can't stress that enough.... Better jump on the sale cuz I think it ends on Friday or Saturday. I did and I must say I did buy their twisted steel down pipe about 1/2 hr ago. I ordered it through Summit Racing since I have their card. I have 12 months interest free to pay for it too. Gotta love that....

For the Scorcher it is very easy to install and remove. The hardest part is routing the push button switch wire through the firewall. But it disconnects in the engine bay so all you have to do is take off the big unit and hide the switch wire behind the PCM. The wire is encased in a black shell so it looks factory. I mean for 350 bucks it is so worth it!!!

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Dimi_dboe

Dimi_dboe

Dec 10, 2019
Florida
Just finished this! Thank you for this guide I followed it and everything’s fit perfectly!
I made a post about it on the Veloster N projects section

Reactions: Ghost