• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How to install aFe Takeda intake

GazmaN

Good job man, nice editing (love the sound of the car "disappearing" into the distance at the end). Noticed your fuel pump is so loud compared to mine at idle, maybe just the microphone enhancing it though...

kamyk155

Anyone know dimensions of the pipe from the turbo side ?
Can it be connected to forge turbo inlet or HDT turbo inlet ?

TarmoT

I hope that mine will be also soon delivered and after that I can take all measurements. I am also asking same thing as Kamil, what is the measure of turbo side end of pipe?

CHRIZ619

Anyone know dimensions of the pipe from the turbo side ?
Can it be connected to forge turbo inlet or HDT turbo inlet ?
Unfortunately I didn’t measure so I can’t give you exact measurements, its definitely bigger than stock. And if it can be connected with the forge turbo inlet I’m not sure either, sorry ;/

R Veloster N

Just utilize a tape measure at the filter and near the end entering the turbo intake. This will give everyone the general dimensions.

CHRIZ619

Ok so I got a reply back and this is what they told me,

“Hello,

The coupler that attaches to the intake is 2.5 inches at the inlet and 3 inches at the intake piping side.

The 4 inch diameter is at the filter side.

Thank you,”

So it looks like the intake is a 4inch from the filter and tapers down to a 3inch, from there the coupler goes to 2.5 that’s close to the turbo inlet side.

R Veloster N

Thanks!

Just have to get a; 3" To 2.5" 90 Degree Elbow Turbo/Intercooler/Intake Piping Coupler Reducer Silicone Hose (RED). and hose clamps, no problem. :)

Just got word mines on the way from SC Garage Works. I'll do a comparison and see which works the best. :)

Last edited: