• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

jeroenvde

Nthusiast
Mar 27, 2018
Belgium
Another thing I've noticed (not sure if it came in an earlier update already) was a major revamp in the sound system. The changes is so drastic, I can even hear the sound difference through my DSP. It got significantly better in the lower mids imo! Sounds kinda punchier
I will do a 20-20k Hz analysis before and after the update just for the fun of it :)

Jajodu

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
thats some shitty navigation going on there. The feature that tells you early enough in which lane to stay was brilliant. God bless Google Maps for that :D

Another thing I've noticed (not sure if it came in an earlier update already) was a major revamp in the sound system. The changes is so drastic, I can even hear the sound difference through my DSP. It got significantly better in the lower mids imo! Sounds kinda punchier
I think the sound revamp was the earlier May update, it changed mine for the worse, so much so I replaced the speakers front and rear. Previously with the pioneer amp I had and the subwoofer it sounded great.

Reactions: Bu11eT

Dj_Nick

Nthusiast
Oct 26, 2018
Madrid
www.djnick.es
Great News, Europe is now included in the Hyundai software and navigation update program. Navigate to update.hyundai.com and download the latest updater program, select Europe as you area and download the very latest versions. Hoorah!!!
Looks like someone read your previous (...f**k knows why...) post...

Reactions: Jajodu

CozyTony

Nthusiast
Jul 14, 2021
Finland
Apparently Hyundai has discovered some bugs in this release and a fixed version is due out on the 22nd November
Yea, I came across some bugs today. Haven't updated if a version was released 22nd, I have the version before that.

Music playing through my phone with Bluetooth and all of a sudden the song currently playing gets stuck on a loop. Like 1 second long part of the song played over and over. No infotainment buttons on steering wheel or the actual headunit work. Pausing song from phone - no effect. Stuck in loop for around 10-15 seconds and then the headunit reboots itself. This occurred to me twice on a 15 minute drive.

Ashpj

Oct 18, 2021
Wales
HI,

I am trying to update the Software on my FL I30N using a 32gb usb as recommended but once formatted by the updater tool it only has 28gb,

the programme is asking for 58Gb of space has anyone else has this issue if so what size USB did you use,

Thanks

Jajodu

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
HI,

I am trying to update the Software on my FL I30N using a 32gb usb as recommended but once formatted by the updater tool it only has 28gb,

the programme is asking for 58Gb of space has anyone else has this issue if so what size USB did you use,

Thanks
You have formatted it as ExFat haven't you? Not fat32 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

nicosp

Nthusiast
Dec 16, 2020
Cyprus
I'll look it up as I recall one or two of the devices required ExFat not Fat32 and they were the later models.
You recalled correctly, the updater software itself says FAT32 for the 2017-2020 (8" Navi) and ExFat for the 2020 (10" Navi).

Reactions: Jajodu

nicosp

Nthusiast
Dec 16, 2020
Cyprus
HI,

Thanks

The formatted card size is approximately correct. Unfortunately there's a cheat in the space of storage media creating this discrepancy.
Manufacturers advertise the space in thousands , millions etc, rather than the real binary measurements. 32GB will be 32,000,000,000 bytes , which will result to around 29GB real space.

Try to redo the process, let the installer software to format the card to be sure that is the correct way. Also since the process calls for a 32GB card, you shouldn't need 58gb. Any chance you downloaded multiple versions by mistake and trying to manually copy all of them onto the card ?