• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

[HOW TO]: Front strutbrace installation [VIDEO]

RedDriver

Staff member
Aug 23, 2018
Slovakia
Hi there @RedDriver
I am waiting for the securace guys to have a black strut available so I can order.
Do you know the torque specs for the 6-nuts for the strut mounts?

The original Hyundai strut brace (https://hyundaizubehoer.de/en/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=52) says "Tighten the nuts on the strut mounts (torque according to manufacturer's specifications)." :confused: - not helpful
I was also looking for it but unsuccessfully. Nevertheless, by releasing the washers you'll learn how much torque those bolts need. Don't forget to use the thread-locker and you're safe :)

RedDriver

Staff member
Aug 23, 2018
Slovakia
I'm also interested in the strut bar. Do you notice any difference in handling? Minimal or does it improve things a lot?
"Minimal" or "significant" will always be a subject of personal impression. Either way, I'm happy with the results and I definitely recommend this strut. Doesn't cost you that much as original carbon one and you can choose any color.

jeroenvde

Mar 27, 2018
Belgium
Nice how to video :) thank you for taking time for this.

Personally I don't like the design of the strut brace. It has some very inefficient design flaws.
  1. The 2 base plates that mount to the shock towers are too thin and will flex without a doubt. There is no point in having this ridgid tubular bar above only to connect to 2 flimsy stamped sheet metal plates... That makes no sense to me.
  2. The 2 big bolts on the end of the tubular bar will pivot on the X axis., no matter how hard you torque them, when the base plates reach the end of their flexiness, this will be the next thing to give.
If you look at the OEM strut brace it has a much more effective design.
  1. extra bracing to avoid flexing of the base plates.
  2. No pivoting in the X direction is possible here due to a different design.

1586431429145.png

If you ask me, the Securace front brace is more an esthetic product ;)