• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N How To: Front bumper removal + 3D printed intake pipe installation

TarmoT

Nthusiast
Feb 25, 2018
Poland
Because I have been asked it serval times, I will make a how to topic here.

Step 1:
Turn your left wheel in and you have an access to 3 plastic clips inside of front fender. Use flat head screwdriver or plastic trim removal tool. Remove 2 lower clips and one clip above cut-in hole.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Step 2:
Take 8mm socket and remove the bolt located inside of rectangular-shape hole of fender flare:
3.jpg
4.jpg

Step 3:
Repeat Step 1 and 2 on another side of car.

Step 4:
Open the bonnet and remove 6-plastic clips shown on picture:
5.jpg
6.jpg

Step 5:
Remove 7 platsic clips under front bumper and by using 10mm socket, remove 4 bolts from bottom cover plate:
7.jpg
8.jpg
11.jpg9.jpg

Last edited:
Step 6:
Start to pull front bumper out (start from left side of bumper and after that go to another side), it feels that there is something else holding bumper on place but don´t worry - just use more power and pull both sides out.
12.jpg
13.jpg

Step 7:
If both sides of bumper are loose, just go to the front of car and slide bumper off. Put it down and remove 2 el. connectors from driver side of bumper and one from passinger side.
14.jpg
15.jpg16.jpg

Congrats - you are done :D

Stage2 for people who will buy or have bought a 3D-printed intake pipe:
D10E3613-B7A1-4FE4-BF9D-EF232DC47502.jpeg
When front bumper is removed, your working area will look like this:
original cover.jpg
You should use some cutting tool and make there hole like this:
28D9DA5F-7915-4657-A29D-69D10CDA5088.jpeg33D27C8B-3296-474B-A1CF-B9AE8F796D0C.jpegFF9425EE-A802-4B3B-8B73-59B19B1187EA.jpeg
Don’t cut too much from right front edge of plastic cover - if you will, it will brake and you have no right corner anymore ;)
Remove oem plastic air deflector (guide):
B20DE1BD-9DC8-47EC-81FA-51834DA6D220.jpeg
Now the most important part - if you want, you can cut off all X-bars inside of front frame but you must cut down all plastic parts what will stick out from connection surface between front frame and 3D printed pipe flange. Otherwise it does not fit perfect:
D9A15814-C6A1-4C7B-B645-0E2DE407BA38.jpeg
Use 2 M6x30 bolts with washers (originals are too short):
4607FE67-A4A6-4F9B-A9C2-184A9AE394D0.jpeg
And now you are free to install 3D-printed air pipe to its place:
E09EAE54-7281-4CA3-9F7B-219C77B4E542.jpeg
Congrats - now you can install back front bumper and enjoy more cold air inside of air filter box.

Last edited:
Step 6:
Start to pull front bumper out (start from left side of bumper and after that go to another side), it feels that there is something else holding bumper on place but don´t worry - just use more power and pull both sides out.
View attachment 7542
View attachment 7543

Step 7:
If both sides of bumper are loose, just go to the front of car and slide bumper off. Put it down and remove 2 el. connectors from driver side of bumper and one from passinger side.
View attachment 7544
View attachment 7545View attachment 7546

Congrats - you are done :D
That is a fantastic how to as I am going to install two stebel Nautilus air horns I have had these horns in every car I have owned and they are fantastic. But your how to has made that job very easy, very informative as I would never have known where to start without your instructions.

Awesome instructions! I want to paint my front badge to paint it as even wrapping it looks impossible fitted.
Thanks Tarmo T

Reactions: TarmoT
Good write up! Thanks :) however are you sure you need to remove the bolts on the underside of the bumper? I believe not, correct me if I'm wrong

Good write up! Thanks :) however are you sure you need to remove the bolts on the underside of the bumper? I believe not, correct me if I'm wrong

No need to remove them but just later when you will install bumper back, you should take care that engine bottom cover will be not stucked under bumper lower edge.

Reactions: jeroenvde