• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Change Cabin Air Filter

Mr. N

Nthusiast
Aug 18, 2019
South Florida
This guide demonstrates the process of replacing the cabin air filter on the Veloster N(JSN). This is my first ‘How To’ thread so bare with me. I am not responsible if you break stuff.

First, open the glove compartment and make sure it is empty to avoid anything falling to the floor.4AF784CF-CFFC-47F2-BE87-DE2A91D28DCB.jpeg
You will see one knob on each side of the compartment. To remove them, turn the knobs in either a clockwise or counter clockwise, then pull them out. CD13C12C-CA66-486A-9E16-891384E35D18.jpeg49ABA961-B247-4167-9C49-EFD604ED91F3.jpegNext. Look to the right side of the compartment and you will see a plastic lift support held by a plastic clip. Gently pull the latch away from the clip.C735C796-D66F-45B1-AF26-9D3E69B8B558.jpeg
You should be able to lower the glove compartment until you see two more clips. Pull the two clips out gently. You can now remove the glove compartment. 2E0E94B9-76E7-4F25-A7BB-C0F72C34F560.jpeg
With the glove compartment removed. You should see the cabin air filter door lid. Use two fingers to pinch on the clip thats on the right side of the door lid. Pull out the door lid. AF7DD3A2-D6BF-4020-9366-3A6FBD38705C.jpeg
And here is your cabin filter. Pull the filter out, inspect the filter, always check the bottom side of the filter to see if its dirty. Only replace the filter if it is dirty. With your new cabin filter. Always place the filter with the arrow showing down. DD545F0A-4C74-4AD9-80C1-67D686350C01.jpeg
Put everything back and enjoy the fresh air of your new cabin air filter.

Last edited:
How often should these be changed? I have about 10,000 miles on her right now. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

-Mike

How often should these be changed? I have about 10,000 miles on her right now. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

-Mike
Mike, a tip for you - don't buy genuine Hyundai, they sting you severely and you can get generic knock-offs online for less than a quarter of the price. I change mine out every 5K km same time as engine oil and filter and they are always filled with debris, but it is not garaged so probably sucks in more than most.

Reactions: Ghost
Honestly, Hyundai oil filters are inexpensive, especially buying them in bulk (3 or more) off eBay. They are very well made and you know it's a Hyundai oil filter, because it has the Hyundai H on the inside of the filter on the additive cartridge.

They're made to specification by Mobis and utilize viton seals and coil spring for the bypass valve. They also provide the right oil pressure in the system. :)

Reactions: GazmaN
Honestly, Hyundai oil filters are inexpensive, especially buying them in bulk (3 or more) off eBay. They are very well made and you know it's a Hyundai oil filter, because it has the Hyundai H on the inside of the filter on the additive cartridge.

They're made to specification by Mobis and utilize viton seals and coil spring for the bypass valve. They also provide the right oil pressure in the system. :)
Don't get me wrong, I use Hyundai oil filters every time - but not going to pay over $100 for a cabin pollen filter.

I agree with you on the cabin filters. I don't know what the heck I was thinking of Oil Filter? I suppose, I wasn't!:rolleyes::p

Anyway, you can buy a reusable K & N cabin filter. Initial outlay is $41.99 but it can be used indefinitely. No need to replace it for the length of ownership.
14677-1_Back_3.jpg
VF2037_2.jpg

99-6000_1.jpg

Thank you GazmaN and RVN. :) I purchased one that cas carbon in it too for any smells or VOC's. Was 15 dollars... lol...

Best regards,

-Mike

Last edited:
Oh wow! This is by far the easiest cabin filter I have ever changed! It took less than 5 minutes. The 2 bottom pins I never had to remove. ;)

Best regards,

-Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. N
I replaced my cabin air filter with one that is made by TYC. It is meant to fit 2015-19 Hyundai Tucson. No fitment issues, works the same as the original, and it only cost me $9! My next one is going to be the reusable K&N Cabin Air Filter once this one gets too dirty.

Part Number for the TYC Cabin Air Filter is: 800205P