• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How much is an (almost) new i30 N Fastback worth now?

Cheru

May 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hello everyone! I posted this over in the Aussie forum but I'm guessing there aren't too many of us awake right now, being 2am, so I thought I'd chuck it in here and perhaps more people would see it.

I might be cutting it a bit thin expecting a reply 12 hours before I'm meant to settle things with the dealership, but I'm going to pick up an immaculate MY19 i30 Performance N Fastback in the Metallic Gunmetal Grey colour with 9k km on it and one previous owner (no Lux pack) tomorrow from a Hyundai dealership, and wanted to know whether $35,000 sounds like a reasonable price. Obviously this car is going to have wildly different prices depending on the country, so people in Aus or NZ are probably going to have the most relatively basis for comparison, but I'd still like to hear from anyone that can chime in.

Located in Sydney Australia.

To give you a reference point - a brand new hatch cost ~29k EUR here last year (there are better deals at ~27k brand new now).
A 2019 used one (~15k km on the odo) went for 22k (took a month or so to go).

To give you a reference point - a brand new hatch cost ~29k EUR here last year (there are better deals at ~27k brand new now).
A 2019 used one (~15k km on the odo) went for 22k (took a month or so to go).
That's $36,600 AUD, so $1,600 more than what I paid (not including taxes etc). Could only find people in the Aussie forums giving prices on lux models that they got, but nobody with the standard i30N Fastback.

That's $36,600 AUD, so $1,600 more than what I paid (not including taxes etc). Could only find people in the Aussie forums giving prices on lux models that they got, but nobody with the standard i30N Fastback.
It is almost impossible to present you with a viable amount for the car outside Australia. @Dzhedaj mentioned 27/29k, here in PT the fastback goes for 45k. You will have to wait until that part of the globe wakes up to find out the prices they manage, unfortunately.
Mine for instance, in 2018 Dec with 5k km I paid 37k€

I suppose the main thing here is how much the car depreciates in one year in %. Hopefully that's similar around the globe.