• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How much did you pay?

From Brisbane as well. Have the same car, same spec, paid a little more than you and thought I did okay. I think you got a very sharp deal. What is your build month?
Build date June 2019, Compliance date August 2019. I find it a little weird that this 2019 model has somehow just slipped through the cracks and wasn't sold.

Build date June 2019, Compliance date August 2019. I find it a little weird that this 2019 model has somehow just slipped through the cracks and wasn't sold.
Mine is an August 19 build, compliance in February 20 the same month I bought it. Was told it had just arrived in February...
Some people here are taking delivery of 2020 build cars so inventory seems all over the place.

Mine is an August 19 build, compliance in February 20 the same month I bought it. Was told it had just arrived in February...
Some people here are taking delivery of 2020 build cars so inventory seems all over the place.
That seems so odd, guess COVID has sent everything into chaos. Yours is PDE.2 right?

Covid has screwed pricing right now.

Look at car sales and see how much they are trying to sell them for.

So I think your price is quite sharp.
Thanks mate, that's actually really comforting to hear. Yea I think minimum carsale price for brand new w/o the Luxury Pack in Brisbane was 44k. You'd have thought that COVID would have made things better for consumers

Reduced stock is driving prices up. In my case, I have been offered a new I30N for almost 2K more than the price back in June and they need to order it. Uncertain delivery times and higher price tag? no thanks.

You still got the car you wanted now so enjoy!!!

Reduced stock is driving prices up. In my case, I have been offered a new I30N for almost 2K more than the price back in June and they need to order it. Uncertain delivery times and higher price tag? no thanks.

You still got the car you wanted now so enjoy!!!

Yup. Dealers have all the power right now. Used examples have inflated prices too.

The only thing that will bring them back down is the new facelift model which everyone has forgotten about as they are taking so darn long.

I've stopped even looking for news now it just frustrates me.

Reactions: eico2
I went to a Brisbane Hyundai dealer a few weeks ago and enquired about the new 2021 model.

In the past I have never paid full RRP for a new car and have always got a few grand off the price even when it's the new model.
When asking if they would do a deal the guy said "No, Hot hatches don't get discounted".
Considering the down turn caused by covid you would think dealers would be keen to sell cars?

What's the likely hood of getting a better price on the 2021 model on release day?

Cheers.

Unfortunately, for us car buyers, car sales is an area that has not been hit, in fact it seems people are buying more cars as they are not travelling, either that or they are drawing on their super. On the other side, quality used cars are reportedly getting better money than normal.

As to your final question, I think that is a mystery and a decision needs to be made re certainty / getting your place in the queue vs the possibility of a better price or the risk of missing out. What is more important to you.

It seems the dealers currently are in the position of high demand / low availability.

Reactions: glennbot