• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How much did you pay?

BNEJRN

Feb 25, 2020
Brisbane, Queensland
That car (Pde2) is not the “same” as the current Pde3. Main difference is the suspension, which is now more comfortable as well as more playful - not “worse”.
Good pick up Davo01. 100% correct!

Hatch and Fastback now have the same suspension tune as the Fastback first came out with. I did wait for this so don't know why I forgot :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Davo01

BoyRacerN

Feb 24, 2020
Melbourne
Good pick up Davo01. 100% correct!

Hatch and Fastback now have the same suspension tune as the Fastback first came out with. I did wait for this so don't know why I forgot :)
Ah okay, yes now that you mention it he did mention the suspension is different, slightly. Yep so it would be a my19. Overall he said they are very much the same...I guess my concern is more the fact that it's a year old, I like the price discount and colour that comes with it, although I'm just trying to think what the downfalls would be for going with this car

Edit: You mentioned paying a bit more for a fresher car, that's the main point of difference right now for me (the $4k Gap), do you reckon much would come negative with the older model?

BNEJRN

Feb 25, 2020
Brisbane, Queensland
Ah okay, yes now that you mention it he did mention the suspension is different, slightly. Yep so it would be a my19. Overall he said they are very much the same...I guess my concern is more the fact that it's a year old, I like the price discount and colour that comes with it, although I'm just trying to think what the downfalls would be for going with this car

Edit: You mentioned paying a bit more for a fresher car, that's the main point of difference right now for me (the $4k Gap), do you reckon much would come negative with the older model?
Inspect the 2018 build car to get a feel for the particular example. Where has it been for 12 months, how many kms on the clock - has it been for the odd and surely hard test drive? Also consider not trading your old car and selling it privately to add a few dollars to your change over if you can afford to do this.
A one year old new car should be cheaper anyway so not really a discount if you know what I mean. Having said that, if you keep a car for the longer term, ultimately condition is more important than age.

BoyRacerN

Feb 24, 2020
Melbourne
Inspect the 2018 build car to get a feel for the particular example. Where has it been for 12 months, how many kms on the clock - has it been for the odd and surely hard test drive? Also consider not trading your old car and selling it privately to add a few dollars to your change over if you can afford to do this.
A one year old new car should be cheaper anyway so not really a discount if you know what I mean. Having said that, if you keep a car for the longer term, ultimately condition is more important than age.
Good points, I'll ask the guy today, in terms of kms it's brand new so fresh odo. I've looked to sell privately and i could possibly squeeze a bit more but I reckon what they are giving me for the trade in will be just as good nearly
Looking to keep long term on this one

BoyRacerN

Feb 24, 2020
Melbourne
I wouldn’t factor in the different suspension. That’s great whatever year :)

A year old sat there and how many km on the clock, and general condition are main factors for sure.
I think I'll ask those questions and go in and check it out, from what he said there are 0 kms on the odo

HYU30N

Nov 30, 2018
Sydney
I will out and about today to different Hyundai Dealerships and asking the same question to see what kind of prices they have to offer for my future I30N :p WISH ME LUCK !
How did you go?
I'm asking has anyone heard of good deals, considering the current economic situation. on a H/B with luxury pack in P/W?
I'm currently getting quotes of $44200 DA with 12 mths rego, full fuel tank and floor mats. On a PD3 MY20.

HYU30N

Nov 30, 2018
Sydney
Has anyone heard of good deals, considering the current economic situation. on a H/B with luxury pack in P/W?
I'm currently getting quotes of $44200 DA with 12 mths rego, full fuel tank and floor mats. On a PD3 MY20.

EdN88

Apr 22, 2020
Melbourne
Has anyone heard of good deals, considering the current economic situation. on a H/B with luxury pack in P/W?
should wait I picked up a demo hatch for 38k 100km on the clock

Reactions: BoyRacerN

HYU30N

Nov 30, 2018
Sydney
^^^ This. ^^^

This was my first new car and I wanted to do the best I could. I'd shopped around at 5 dealerships here in Sydney and called about 8 all together. I wasn't in a rush to buy.
I have one that is about 3km away from where I live but they were very unhelpful and kinda pulled a bait and switch on me when I first went in to test drive so I really didn't want to deal with them. Other dealerships didn't want to budge on their negotiation so I just walked away.
In the end I found the one closest to my work who had a young salesman who was still very new but was happy to negotiate as well as being kind. He was helpful from the first call I made to enquire about pricing, and is still nice even after booking in the first service. I think I payed pretty well in the end considering how rude other dealerships were being and the service I'm currently getting.
In the end I'll be doing something similar to you Corsa, driving about 25km to get serviced (walking to work down the street to work) rather than down the road from where I live.

...And funny how a few days after I made the deal the other dealerships called up being all nice when they asked if I was still interested until I told them I'd purchased elsewhere.
Hey Justin
I'm in Syd looking to buy an MY20 H/B lux pack. can you tell me the dealer you bought from, they sounded worth dealing with, as I'm getting frustrated dealing with arrogant or patronising sales staff.

BNEJRN

Feb 25, 2020
Brisbane, Queensland
Pretty much on the money at that price. I got the same car at the end of Feb for a couple of hundred under $44k but with 6 months rego, little fuel and no mats. Others who have deals below $40k may not have the Lux version

Reactions: HYU30N

EdN88

Apr 22, 2020
Melbourne
Pretty much on the money at that price. I got the same car at the end of Feb for a couple of hundred under $44k but with 6 months rego, little fuel and no mats. Others who have deals below $40k may not have the Lux version
They'll have some type of sale soon anyway. EOFY or something along them lines.

Justin

May 11, 2019
Sydney
Hey Justin
I'm in Syd looking to buy an MY20 H/B lux pack. can you tell me the dealer you bought from, they sounded worth dealing with, as I'm getting frustrated dealing with arrogant or patronising sales staff.
Hey sorry for the late reply, haven't been on in a while. I went to Peninsula Hyundai in Condell Park and ask for Gavin. He helped me out and was much better than every other dealer I went to. Tell him Justin sent you.

You might also be able to have a chat with him on Facebook if you're online. Join the "N performance owners of NSW" group and he'll definitely be on there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/185440352335636/
There are a few of us on there that had purchased from him.

Reactions: Mingy

Cheru

May 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
G'day lads.

Might be cutting it a bit thin expecting a reply 12 hours before I'm meant to settle things with the dealership, but I'm going to pick up an immaculate MY19 i30 Performance N Fastback in the Metallic Gunmetal Grey colour with 9k km on it and one previous owner (no Lux pack) tomorrow from a Hyundai dealership, and wanted to know whether $35,000 sounds like a reasonable price.

Located in Sydney Australia.

sgfastback

Sep 18, 2019
Sydney
G'day lads.

Might be cutting it a bit thin expecting a reply 12 hours before I'm meant to settle things with the dealership, but I'm going to pick up an immaculate MY19 i30 Performance N Fastback in the Metallic Gunmetal Grey colour with 9k km on it and one previous owner (no Lux pack) tomorrow from a Hyundai dealership, and wanted to know whether $35,000 sounds like a reasonable price.

Located in Sydney Australia.
A Fastback with metallic paint and no Lux pack is $42,500 new. You possibly could have twisted their arm a bit more, but $35,000 sounds like a reasonable price (as long as the rego doesn't run out next month :) )

Reactions: BoyRacerN