• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How many Hyundai i30 N vehicles are going to be imported in 2018?

@Bill Thomas thanks for chasing up that info mate.
Im a bit confused with all the dates being thrown around though. I spoke to the stock controller at the dealership i ordered at (Ordered April) on Friday last week and got told a docking date of early July and delivery late July (which had pushed out from mid July originally).
A few guys on here have been told either July or August too.
There is some serious miscommunication between Hyundai Australia and the dealership network cause everyone is being told something different.
I know an amazing product awaits when it arrives but its quite confusing and disheartening being told all these different dates.
Hazo, I may have simply cocked this up. Am now triple-checking. Agreed, it doesn’t seem right. I’ll be back here later on.

Hi,

The HMMC plant in Nosovice, Czech Republic, is at full capacity for PDeN (i30 N). The car is in huge demand in Europe (especially Germany, where they had sold 3120 units at the end of April, or 26% of overall i30 sales volume in that country).

Europe started selling the car first, so they have priority.

The first Australian shipment is sold. I won't go into exact numbers but another shipment of cars will arrive in September and they are already accounted for.

After that, the next order will be for September production. That means a best-case arrival into Australia of late October.

So in short, if you order one tomorrow, you will have a wait until late Oct / early Nov at the earliest before the car is delivered to you.

I'm going to coin a hackneyed saying here which will be no help whatsoever: Good things come to those who wait.

This is a car worth waiting for. HN, I hope you like the car even more on your second test drive.

Cheers,

BT
I am sorry all, I got this wrong. Not logistics' fault, mine. V stupidly, I missed out a very important piece of info!

That is - there WILL be a number of shipments arriving over the next couple of months, some hundreds of cars, and that if you ordered in April, for example, like Hazo, then you will be fine.

Hazo's dealer is spot-on, in other words - and if you ordered and were given an arrival time of July/August, that will be correct.

Please talk to the dealers, they have the info you need.

Dealer stock controllers have a direct line to HMCA and will be able to trace allocated cars.

The bit that I got right is that if you order NOW, it's very likely that it will be late October / early November before your car lands here. The dealer will tell you that. The plant is building them as fast as it can.

Also, I missed Bchliu's post about asking your dealer 'what's in the pool'. The answer is 'yes', you can ask about the regional pool, but there aren't many unallocated cars around and you will not be able to choose your spec.

This car is worth the wait. Easy for me to say, I know, and I'm biased, but I reckon I'm right on that one!

BT