• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How many have ordered / picked one up

Loftylad

Nthusiast
Jul 24, 2021
Yorkshire
What options you go for mate? I'll be 4 months on 4th Dec, so similar waiting time but no notification that my car has even got off the assembly line yet. I wonder if the allocations are pulled out of a hat/done at random like the estimated deliver dates are, then?
You would like to think (lol) that Hyundai will be using SOME sort of system for processing orders?

Surely batches will be done by popularity of Colour/ contrast roof and availability of chips (BOSE), hence mostly blue ones coming through with no bose. ??

But what do I know ? lol. Sat here still waiting @ almost 7 months!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: DBi20n

duncanwentworth

Oct 3, 2021
Bedford
I got some good news from my dealer yesterday that my Phantom Black (no Bose) has been confirmed as built and is awaiting shipping! Ordered early/mid September and was supposedly a cancelled order I picked up.

I’ve seen on the Facebook groups that some other people with December delivery dates are getting good news, so hopefully there will be a bulk delivery of shiny new i20N’s for us before Christmas! 🎅

iJammin

Nov 2, 2021
Falkirk
What options you go for mate? I'll be 4 months on 4th Dec, so similar waiting time but no notification that my car has even got off the assembly line yet. I wonder if the allocations are pulled out of a hat/done at random like the estimated deliver dates are, then?
I've got performance blue. no black roof, no bose. What did you order? Anything with 2TR or tech packs have big delays because of parts constraints to the factories. My car didn't update to 'production complete' until a few days before the ship left Turkey. So you probably won't know until the last minute.

SteveNi20

Nthusiast
Aug 23, 2021
London
I’ve heard this and I’ve heard that..load of old pony maloney how can a car that isn’t even built be arriving anywhere near Christmas there’s some who’ve been waiting 7/8 months now and still sweet FA..all this speculation is just a wind up it’s gonna be a 22 plate guaranteed.
As a caveat my dealer has had a lot of orders with Bose and without and not a single one has arrived as yet..

• Haha
Reactions: Loftylad

benw1

Oct 1, 2021
South West
Nice to get some feed back from a lucky owner what’s your current mpg like hope for 30+.
Good to see the bloody awful p-zeros are as expected so they’ll be coming off in favour of some ps4 does anyone know if the 4s is available in the uk now on 18in can’t be bothered to Google it.
MPG for me is currently 33.4 - that’s mostly town driving including the traffic that goes along with that:rolleyes: although in my first week I did a few longer distance trips on A/B roads, was getting just over 37 MPG average so not too bad at all.

andyo

Sep 14, 2021
LS289EU
MPG for me is currently 33.4 - that’s mostly town driving including the traffic that goes along with that:rolleyes: although in my first week I did a few longer distance trips on A/B roads, was getting just over 37 MPG average so not too bad at all.
Yep, similar to me. The only time I drop to 30mpg is my commute to work in Leeds, it take 35 mins to get 5.5 miles. Overall getting about 39mpg. On longer run e.g Leeds to say Whiby 165mile rtn trip can easy get 45 and that includes some fun in n mode

JoeyPropane

Nthusiast
Aug 5, 2021
Cambridge, UK
Had to send a slightly sterner email this morning, but finally got a response and confirmation that "mid to late December is likely"... I mean, as likely as the sun setting and the moon rising? Or as likely as being struck by lightning and winning the lottery on the same day? Who knows...

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: DBi20n and Loftylad

Loftylad

Nthusiast
Jul 24, 2021
Yorkshire
Had to send a slightly sterner email this morning, but finally got a response and confirmation that "mid to late December is likely"... I mean, as likely as the sun setting and the moon rising? Or as likely as being struck by lightning and winning the lottery on the same day? Who knows...
The latter! 😂👎

DBi20n

Nov 16, 2021
UK
Their track record is really filling us all with confidence here...

SteveNi20

Nthusiast
Aug 23, 2021
London
Is that mid to late for a build or collection because it would have to of been built yesterday to get a December delivery.

Aaron702

Sep 14, 2021
London
My dealer told me my PB with no extras was due to be completed on the 20th Nov. That means in theory it should be on the next ship out of Derince (arriving in Tilbury on the 15th Dec (ish?)). With an average of 3-4 weeks from port to dealer I think my dealer is lying when they say it's likely to be before Xmas. Annoying that I've managed to piece together more info than they have ever given me...

JoeyPropane

Nthusiast
Aug 5, 2021
Cambridge, UK
Is that mid to late for a build or collection because it would have to of been built yesterday to get a December delivery.
Everytime we've spoken dates, it's been regarding dealer drop-off - but like you say, if that was the case, he'd know it's built and due to go on a boat soon/already. I expect in reality, production will finish in the next 2 weeks, then it'll take best part of a month of logistics stuff (possibly more if Christmas/New Year and bad weather grind everything to a halt), and i'll be looking at early Jan for collection.

m4tty100

Nthusiast
Sep 12, 2021
Barnsley
May to Dec is bad, but May to the following April :eek:
What a mess the car game must be in now.
Chances must be minimal that in a full year from now, things will be 'normal' again.
The boss of Mercedes said its likely to be at least 2023 before things return to normal

SteveNi20

Nthusiast
Aug 23, 2021
London
Everytime we've spoken dates, it's been regarding dealer drop-off - but like you say, if that was the case, he'd know it's built and due to go on a boat soon/already. I expect in reality, production will finish in the next 2 weeks, then it'll take best part of a month of logistics stuff (possibly more if Christmas/New Year and bad weather grind everything to a halt), and i'll be looking at early Jan for collection.
A rock and a hard place can’t buy used as the prices are just so overinflated and can’t get something new because the lead times are out of the window I’m literally now like whatever and I’ll wait even if it takes months.

Reactions: Loftylad

NCurious

Nthusiast
Nov 9, 2021
UK
Will there be a crisis is a few years time when people who, for whatever unfathomable reason, have personally decided, with no force made against them, to 'finance' car which are £1-2-3-4K above their 'true' value? Or will there be no crisis, just tough luck mate scenarios?
There are shed loads of PUMA ST(s) for example going for a solid 3K MORE than a brand new one, yet are 6 or so months old with 3+K miles on them. How will that pan out come 'hand back time'?
To each their own, but as much as i try, I can't for the life of me think why someone with a reasonable IQ would buy, sorry, finance a car paying thousands more than it costs brand new o_O All i can think is that maybe they are not into cars (like 99% of people), walk in a showroom, say 'that green one is nice' and be oblivious to the fact that they 'finance' a car which is more money used than brand new

sjbisby

Nov 22, 2021
Doncaster, UK
Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 16.54.07.png
With all this boat talk, thought I'd drop this in - my latest update from the dealer (Monday) - mine should be on the boat tomorrow, but we'll see...

Hopefully this helps others understand the process a bit more.

Aaron702

Sep 14, 2021
London
View attachment 18726
With all this boat talk, thought I'd drop this in - my latest update from the dealer (Monday) - mine should be on the boat tomorrow, but we'll see...

These dates are pure speculation unfortunately, they automatically roll forward. The next ship isn't departing from the Turkey factory until 3rd Dec and arriving in Tilbury on the 15th.

NTastic!

Nthusiast
Oct 19, 2021
UK
View attachment 18726

Can anyone one explain what workshop in workshop out is? car arrives at port goes to compound obviously but what is this workshop and delivery to ECM part before it gets to Dealer?

SteveNi20

Nthusiast
Aug 23, 2021
London
Can anyone one explain what workshop in workshop out is? car arrives at port goes to compound obviously but what is this workshop and delivery to ECM part before it gets to Dealer?
Workshop is where they do the pdi and patch up any damages occurred in transit and the ECM is the transport delivery service for the car.