• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Hoping to be an i30n owner soon!

Nobafett

Oct 8, 2018
Devon
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself.

I currently drive a RS Megane 250 and have only ever owned hot hatches/saloons etc, I love the Meg and have had numerous other hot Renaults plus Type R’s, Sti’s etc etc

Unfortunately the Meg is just not practical enough and although it’s a second car, I have a 3rd child on the way and due to the design of the Recaro seats, plus me being very tall, no one can sit behind me. It will essentially become redundant in the New Year!

I’ve been looking for a while now and have driven a few potential choices. Golf R’s, Focus St’s, Leon Cupra’s, import Impreza Spec C, and to be honest, none of them could hold a candle to the Megane. It’s a far better drivers car with way more feel and adjustability and makes the others feel quite dull.

I would love a new Type R but recently discovered that there are only 2 seats in the back, so that’s been scrubbed off the list as well.

I was starting to worry about what I could replace the car with when I stumbled across the i30n. Sourced a local one and went for a test drive. I have to say that I was blown away. What an amazing machine. Drives as well as the Meg but with a far better noise and much more practicality. I think it will suit me very well. I had a Santa Fe before so knew that Hyundai made decent cars, but the N is on another level.

Just need to wait for 6 months or so when hopefully the depreciation will have brought them into my price range. Doesn’t stop me looking at them every day though. Fingers crossed I’ll be in one soon

Cheers, Nick.

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself.

I currently drive a RS Megane 250 and have only ever owned hot hatches/saloons etc, I love the Meg and have had numerous other hot Renaults plus Type R’s, Sti’s etc etc

Unfortunately the Meg is just not practical enough and although it’s a second car, I have a 3rd child on the way and due to the design of the Recaro seats, plus me being very tall, no one can sit behind me. It will essentially become redundant in the New Year!

I’ve been looking for a while now and have driven a few potential choices. Golf R’s, Focus St’s, Leon Cupra’s, import Impreza Spec C, and to be honest, none of them could hold a candle to the Megane. It’s a far better drivers car with way more feel and adjustability and makes the others feel quite dull.

I would love a new Type R but recently discovered that there are only 2 seats in the back, so that’s been scrubbed off the list as well.

I was starting to worry about what I could replace the car with when I stumbled across the i30n. Sourced a local one and went for a test drive. I have to say that I was blown away. What an amazing machine. Drives as well as the Meg but with a far better noise and much more practicality. I think it will suit me very well. I had a Santa Fe before so knew that Hyundai made decent cars, but the N is on another level.

Just need to wait for 6 months or so when hopefully the depreciation will have brought them into my price range. Doesn’t stop me looking at them every day though. Fingers crossed I’ll be in one soon

Cheers, Nick.

Did you check getting three child seats in the back?

Ah, sorry should have explained. Have two older kids (10 + 12) and a new one one the way. The N will be a toy but also a means for me to take the three kids around. I can’t currently do that with the Meg due to the stupid design of the Recaro’s!!

Reactions: AFRocks
Hello and welcome, perhaps look at leasing rather than PCP a PCH option is available direct from Hyundai and it’s cheaper if your worries about depreciation? That’s what I’m doing

It’s not that I’m worried about depreciation, I’m just going to use it in my favour and wait until I actually need a new car. Will probably be buying outright.

Hey guys. Back again. Last year I ended up going for a Leon Cupra 280 Dsg. Nice car but a little boring compared to the Megane I was in before. Sold it in June and bought another Megan 265 before soon realising that I had to have 5 doors.
Put a deposit down on a manual Cupra and went to buy it a few days ago, ended up collecting my money and walking away due to the condition it was in.

So....today I thought, why the hell not, just put a deposit down on a brand new i30n Performance in performance blue.

Will hopefully be collecting it next week if all goes to plan. Cant bloody wait. Been wanting one of these since I first drove it.

Hey guys. Back again. Last year I ended up going for a Leon Cupra 280 Dsg. Nice car but a little boring compared to the Megane I was in before. Sold it in June and bought another Megan 265 before soon realising that I had to have 5 doors.
Put a deposit down on a manual Cupra and went to buy it a few days ago, ended up collecting my money and walking away due to the condition it was in.

So....today I thought, why the hell not, just put a deposit down on a brand new i30n Performance in performance blue.

Will hopefully be collecting it next week if all goes to plan. Cant bloody wait. Been wanting one of these since I first drove it.
Live the dream My friend! I had a Cupra, the N IS more FUN :p

Good move. I've moved from a Golf R to a new i30N in the last couple of weeks and most of the VAG stuff does nothing to involve me. Very good cars but a bit soleless, possibly why I had a megane 265 myself.
Have you driven the new Megane Trophy 300 or 280? I did and it was a difficult choice but little details made the decision in the end along with 6-9 month wait for certain colours of the Trophy.
I'm happy I've made the right choice though as I wanted an N from the first Evo mag pre production road test.

No, didn't try the new Meganes. The Trophy is out of my price range and the N seemed to beat the 280 in all the group tests I saw. Fancy trying something completely different now to be honest. It was the Evo test with Sutcliffe that swung it for me.

Reactions: REM66
Finally have my hands on a shiny new i30n. Horrendous day if truth be told. Got up at 0630 for a train at 0730. Got to the dealers at 1215 and was in the car ready to drive back at 1330. Unfortunately, hitting the M25 on a Friday afternoon and then the A303, especially with the awful weather, meant I only averaged 30mph over 5.5 hrs of the drive home.
As soon as I got back I had to go straight to work and have only just finished. Shattered is an understatement!
Very happy with the car though, not worried about the run in period, just driving it normally. Love it.

Glad to hear it @Nobafett :)

The highest praise I can give this car is that even after over 18 months and 14000 miles.......every single time I drive this car, it makes me happy. Even the thought, knowing that I need to go out for something - it’s such a great feeling.

The car has a road presence, and you will regularly see people turning round in your rear view mirror to have a look, or kids pointing at the car.

And it’s a Hyundai! Wow!