• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Here she is !

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Walked in to work this morning to find this beautiful lady waiting patiently for me :eek:. I must say God this car is BEAUTIFUL in person ! Pictures do it absolutely no justice at all !! And the drive.. is beyond what I ever dreamed Hyundai would be capable of. It is very apparent that this car was designed by biermann and it reminds me a lot of the E46 M3. I’ll keep you guys posted once I put some more miles on her and also take better pics once she’s cleaned up .

Attachments

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Well I’ve officially put about 114 miles on the new ride. Some of my initial impressions are damn does she look good and sound AWESOME ! She’s a bit thirsty but that was to be expected. And this is truly not a Hyundai. This is a BMW with a fancy H on the front. The way this car performs, the overall driving feel and the fit and finish are nothing I’ve ever experienced with Hyundai. And it is very apparent that Biermann had total control of how this car was designed. Also Some of the quirks Ive noticed she has is the rev matching works both in up and downshifting so it’s a smooth and seamless shift every time. But it’s a pain in the butt that the settings revert back to default every time the car shuts off including the drive mode. I would like to stay in sport or N custom when I get in the car instead of fussing with buttons. But no big deal. And brakes tend to squeak when applying at low speeds. Nothing crazy but just enough to let you know they’re not your run of the mill Veloster brakes. Overall the car is a absolute blast and handles like no other and I can’t wait to hit that 600 miles mark to really get into her !

Nomad17

Hmm, never driven a car with rev matching but if it works on upshifting as well does this mean you can keep the gas to the floor and it won't bounce off the limiter when shifting?

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Hmm, never driven a car with rev matching but if it works on upshifting as well does this mean you can keep the gas to the floor and it won't bounce off the limiter when shifting?
Haven’t try no lift shifting her yet. But no that’s not what I mean. The car will blip the throttle just as you upshift to make sure you don’t drop any RPMs between actually engaging the next gear. It’s makes for seamless shifts.

Can you confirm that the VN does not support BlueLink? Tried setup but couldn’t. Called Hyundai customer service and they said the manual transmission doesn’t support BlueLink. Kinda doesn’t make sense. It should support it but disable the remote start feature.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Can you confirm that the VN does not support BlueLink? Tried setup but couldn’t. Called Hyundai customer service and they said the manual transmission doesn’t support BlueLink. Kinda doesn’t make sense. It should support it but disable the remote start feature.
In the states it does I just enrolled mine today. No remote start as to be expected

Attachments

Seems like I’m gonna need winter tires. These summer tires are slipping too easily, here in Vancouver, Canada.

Winter tires are crazy expensive now, $300+ per tire. Don’t know what to do now.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Seems like I’m gonna need winter tires. These summer tires are slipping too easily, here in Vancouver, Canada.

Winter tires are crazy expensive now, $300+ per tire. Don’t know what to do now.
You’re not really missing much without Blue link. It’s really only good for the remote start and the N is exempt. And same here I was actually going to make a thread on this subject. Wheather you get 19 inch snow tires or downsize to the 18 you’re looking at about 1k

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

If I end up keeping the stock 19s as my winter tires this is what I’m considering getting. There’s not many options for 19in snow tires. But I need to do something soon as well. We got our first snow last night and the way this diff binds from these rock hard pzeros is pretty crazy lol. On a lighter note I do know this cars going to be a beast in the snow with a decent set of snow tires so Atleast we got that going for us lol

https://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Pirelli/Winter+Sottozero+3

1FastStagea

Doesn’t seem like Hyundai Canada is currently supporting BlueLink on the VN. Oh well.
My VN is enrolled with Bluelink, although I had to get the gentleman in charge of it at Hyundai Canada's head office to take care of it for me since it wasn't in the system yet.

As @Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS mentioned, you're not missing out on much without Bluelink on these cars since they're manual and lack the remote start function.

I picked up a set of 18x8 +35 OZ Ultraleggeras for mine with almost new Michelin X-Ice 3 225/40R18 tires for 1100 total, used off of Kijiji (same as craigslist/gumtree here in Canada for those wondering). There are deals to be had if you look hard enough :p. I would highly recommend downsizing to 18" wheels regardless of winter or summer setups though, drivability/ride is much better and I get less/no wheel hop with the 18s whereas I had a ton of it with the 19s. I imagine it's due to having more absorption with the larger sidewalls. Not to mention 18s are cheaper and lighter.

1FastStagea

Side note, am I the only one that got my VN in white?? Lol. I liked performance blue, but I just have a feeling I'd get sick of it after a while.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Side note, am I the only one that got my VN in white?? Lol. I liked performance blue, but I just have a feeling I'd get sick of it after a while.
White was my second choice because I thought the exact same thing. But the way this car looks in person is stunning and I can’t ever see myself getting tired of it. I’m also coming from a vitamin C VT.. so I’m used to having crazy colors lol

Dude!!! I was afraid I would have got tired of the PB and wanted to change my order to white. But trust me, the PB is amazing. It’s a really really nice blue. Bonus, my wife loves it. Lol

My VN is enrolled with Bluelink, although I had to get the gentleman in charge of it at Hyundai Canada's head office to take care of it for me since it wasn't in the system yet.

As @Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS mentioned, you're not missing out on much without Bluelink on these cars since they're manual and lack the remote start function.

I picked up a set of 18x8 +35 OZ Ultraleggeras for mine with almost new Michelin X-Ice 3 225/40R18 tires for 1100 total, used off of Kijiji (same as craigslist/gumtree here in Canada for those wondering). There are deals to be had if you look hard enough :p. I would highly recommend downsizing to 18" wheels regardless of winter or summer setups though, drivability/ride is much better and I get less/no wheel hop with the 18s whereas I had a ton of it with the 19s. I imagine it's due to having more absorption with the larger sidewalls. Not to mention 18s are cheaper and lighter.
Is that $1100 with rims? And is it winter? I think these 235/35R19 gonna cost me an arm and a leg.

1FastStagea

Is that $1100 with rims? And is it winter? I think these 235/35R19 gonna cost me an arm and a leg.
Yup, complete wheel setup.

Dude!!! I was afraid I would have got tired of the PB and wanted to change my order to white. But trust me, the PB is amazing. It’s a really really nice blue. Bonus, my wife loves it. Lol
Haha it is a nice blue for sure, however the white looks really good also IMO (better in person too)! I've had a chance to see/drive a baby blue one before I purchased mine so I got a taste for both.

Wheels are much easier to match to white also :p

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

My Girlfriend loves the color as well. And won’t stop talking about the seat belts.. she keeps begging me to swap a set into her elantra lol

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Yup, complete wheel setup.

Haha it is a nice blue for sure, however the white looks really good also IMO (better in person too)! I've had a chance to see/drive a baby blue one before I purchased mine so I got a taste for both.

Wheels are much easier to match to white also :p
This is very true. The chalk white has almost a matte appearance to it at some angles and lighting differences. I wouldn’t have been mad if I got the white instead. And in regards to Wheels this is also true..I’m having a hard time picking out a summer set up because this damn color is so hard to match. I’m thinking machine gray, black or possibly a red wheel if I’m really feeling it lol