• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Hello From Perth (West Aus)

mcb6110

Nthusiast
Sep 25, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
I don't currently own an N, but all going to plan, I will be getting a 2021 Hatch early next year.

I have been enjoying working through the treasure trove of info on this wonderful site.

I suspect that I won't quite match the typical N owner profile, other than I love manual cars (a rarity in Aus these days) - I have only owned one auto and hated it, couldn't get ride of it fast enough. I continue to be underwhelmed with auto's when ever I drive a hire car. particularly when driving on interesting roads. I am not sure what the average age of an N driver is, but I will be seeing out my 50's in a few months time. Have had two drives of an N demo and loved every second of each drive. Even better, my wife doesn't hate them, which is important as it will be our only car. Sadly, her one comment is that it is noisy, so I won't be able to pursue a Res Delete, or whatever the buzz term is.

Never before have I wished time to pass quickly!

I don't currently own an N, but all going to plan, I will be getting a 2021 Hatch early next year.

I have been enjoying working through the treasure trove of info on this wonderful site.

I suspect that I won't quite match the typical N owner profile, other than I love manual cars (a rarity in Aus these days) - I have only owned one auto and hated it, couldn't get ride of it fast enough. I continue to be underwhelmed with auto's when ever I drive a hire car. particularly when driving on interesting roads. I am not sure what the average age of an N driver is, but I will be seeing out my 50's in a few months time. Have had two drives of an N demo and loved every second of each drive. Even better, my wife doesn't hate them, which is important as it will be our only car. Sadly, her one comment is that it is noisy, so I won't be able to pursue a Res Delete, or whatever the buzz term is.

Never before have I wished time to pass quickly!
Welcome - not far behind you in age! The N is the most enjoyable car I have owned - have also had an Alfasud in the UK in the 1980s and an MX5 here in the early 2000s.

Reactions: mcb6110
Don't let your age worry you. I'm even older than you. As long as you still enjoy driving, age doesn't matter.

I have only ever owned manual cars. Refuse to buy an auto; no fun. If you want a manual, you have to buy the no frills base model of most makes, because the upspec models are auto only. That's why the N Fastback was a no brainer for me.

Now just count down the days until you get your car.

Reactions: mcb6110
Don't let your age worry you. I'm even older than you. As long as you still enjoy driving, age doesn't matter.

I have only ever owned manual cars. Refuse to buy an auto; no fun. If you want a manual, you have to buy the no frills base model of most makes, because the upspec models are auto only. That's why the N Fastback was a no brainer for me.

Now just count down the days until you get your car.
Thanks, I can assure you that I am not letting my age worry me:oops:. I thought when the trend to autos, at the expense of manuals, started a few decades ago that it would not last. How wrong was I. One good thing about manuals, is they are now a secondary anti-theft device, as a large percentage of the population can't drive them.

Thanks, I can assure you that I am not letting my age worry me:oops:. I thought when the trend to autos, at the expense of manuals, started a few decades ago that it would not last. How wrong was I. One good thing about manuals, is they are now a secondary anti-theft device, as a large percentage of the population can't drive them.
Yes, sadly the trend to autos is here to stay. At least in Australia.

I go back to Hungary every year (well, not this year:(). It's where I am from. Over there, 90-95% of the cars are manual. I can't back that up with stats, just from my observation. Even taxis are manuals!

Yes, sadly the trend to autos is here to stay. At least in Australia.

I go back to Hungary every year (well, not this year:(). It's where I am from. Over there, 90-95% of the cars are manual. I can't back that up with stats, just from my observation. Even taxis are manuals!
I follow what you are saying regarding manuals in Europe. We hired a car in the UK about 10 years ago and they were all manuals. When in Europe a couple of years later, I also noted that same thing, not that I got to drive there. Loved my few days in Hungary (mainly Budapest).

Reactions: sgfastback