• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Headlining Rattle

hy,
i have the same problem like you. I have an i30 N-line with panoramic roof and when the weather is not warmer i have rattle on the pano roof.
I have allready fix the rattle around th sunglasses holder but i have have noise on passagers side.
My dealer in France Don't have any note or any notice to fix that and i know me, when de summer goe out, i want to be crazy by the noise.

i read you notice and i have a question about the headliner. It's just fix with torques or it's glue somewhere?
I am happy to have found help here because this car is fantastic but the noise of the roof makes me crazy.
I think that the noises do not come from the panoramic roof but only from the roof sky insulation
Im happy to help you.

The roof is not glued anywhere, you need to remove the parts i have listed in previous post.

Im happy to help you.

The roof is not glued anywhere, you need to remove the parts i have listed in previous post.
hi!

I have a question

how disassemble front & rear door rubber seals and central door pillar upper trim ?

I'm afraid of breaking them

Thank's !

hi!

I have a question

how disassemble front & rear door rubber seals and central door pillar upper trim ?

I'm afraid of breaking them

Thank's !
Hey, the rubbers are quite easy. you can just pull them down gently and they will come loose.

The central pillar upper trim you have to remove by pulling the lower trim loose at the top.
1565703613483.png
After this you can pull of the upper trim and let it hang by the seatbelt.

Well then. I think I found my last main rattle.

The rubber door seal on the rear lefthand side. When pressing it, it would click. I took it off, cleaned it and applied some vinyl and rubber cleaner, and popped it back on.

No more rattles.

Reactions: Stash-N
I’d been having a rattle for some time. Didn’t seem to come from the headliner (pano roof here). Seems it was the passenger side seatbelt upper attachment. The part that you can slide up and down. It was all the way up and the plastic that covers the gap seems to be able to move just a bit too much on uneven roads.

Just posting it here in case someone still has rattles and trouble chasing down the source.
I have an annoying rattle from that exact same area. I tried moving the seatbelt slider up and down and it doesn't make a difference. Left it twice at the dealer and they couldn't reproduce it (of course). I don't want to try to solve it myself because I am really bad at this kind of stuff. I'm thinking of going to an interior refurb shop and ask them to do it for me. Maybe even put some foam in there so it doesn't rattle again. I'm sick and tired of dealing with rattles on every single car I've had.

• Haha
Reactions: fon4o
I have an annoying rattle from that exact same area. I tried moving the seatbelt slider up and down and it doesn't make a difference. Left it twice at the dealer and they couldn't reproduce it (of course). I don't want to try to solve it myself because I am really bad at this kind of stuff. I'm thinking of going to an interior refurb shop and ask them to do it for me. Maybe even put some foam in there so it doesn't rattle again. I'm sick and tired of dealing with rattles on every single car I've had.

Easy solution, get a louder exhaust :D

Reactions: s.arhangelov

I had this same rattle, I found it to be the rubber door seal being dry. I lifted the door seal on the main body's frame, applied some vinyl and rubber cleaner and popped it back on. Noise gone.

These rattles can sound like they're coming from anywhere, and its usually somewhere else!

I had this same rattle, I found it to be the rubber door seal being dry. I lifted the door seal on the main body's frame, applied some vinyl and rubber cleaner and popped it back on. Noise gone.

These rattles can sound like they're coming from anywhere, and its usually somewhere else!
Thanks! I will check if it's the seal. I've had it since the car was 200km old. Could the seal have become dry that fast?

I seem to have this so will try it at the weekend thanks. Hope it works as its driving me fing mad

This is the noise that I hear mostly on cold mornings while driving on bumpy roads. As soon as the car heats up a bit I don't hear it anymore. As I push on it in the video I hear the noise on the front side around the light. I am going to try most of the things that were suggested in this thread and I'll let you know if anything helps.

Also I have noticed that these two clips (on both sides) were not pushed all the way in. Haven't done a test drive since I pushed them in.

IMG_20211017_204908.jpg

Last edited:
I need to try this too…
Just picked up a new fastback N with a sunroof…and it makes similar noises 🤯
My old MY19 hatchback N without sunroof were noise free the whole 4 years.

Hi, I was wondering where you found the circular foam pieces? I've detached the passenger side grab handle and the rattle/squeaks are gone. So I am presuming there isn't enough pressure against the headliner when it is screwed in. Any help would be appreciated as I don't really want the dealership touching my car. They are utterly useless!

Hi, I was wondering where you found the circular foam pieces? I've detached the passenger side grab handle and the rattle/squeaks are gone. So I am presuming there isn't enough pressure against the headliner when it is screwed in. Any help would be appreciated as I don't really want the dealership touching my car. They are utterly useless!
looks like simple pipe insulation he used. Any hardware store has these