• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Hardline's Red Engine (Tomato killer)

jeroenvde

The motor would have no effect on the rattling/ creaking so this must be an other issue.
Please feel free to post the letter, the more info, the better

After discussion with my mechanic, it would seem that this is the same recall for the Kona.
He check on the system and he had to order an engine for the roll of the sunroof and some fixations.

I have an appointment for the next week, I will post my feedback after this.

An quick feedback after the recall.

I let my Tomato at the dealer for the recall Thursday. The mechanic told me it was an half-day job. I'm not in the rush I let it all day. End of day I go pickup my Tomato.... and they have an problem whit the new motor it don't fit... They call Hyundai and the technician say "it fits properly" and the mechanic "I'm in front of it and it don't fit!"

Well all this for nothing and I have to go next week when they receive the new motor...

That's all for now....until the next episode :cool:

After a few days of sun I try my sunroof very often.

Before the recall when I press the button to open a little or to fully open the sunroof, I had 50% chance to press again on the button.
After the recall they change an motor for the sunroof (I don't know if it was the motor to open/close the sunroof or the motor for open/close the "roof carpet".

By the way know I can use the sunroof without any issue and it's very cool! I love it!

But I found something not cool at all... When you fully open the sunroof there is an "net" as we call in french "un saute vent" or in English a "wind jump" I think? And after a ride with the roof open, there is a lot of mosquito in this "net"... and to clean this "net" is very unpractical...

Well the next episode with the Tomato Killer gonna be the Nurburgring in midle of may! Can't wait for it!

Intrance

But I found something not cool at all... When you fully open the sunroof there is an "net" as we call in french "un saute vent" or in English a "wind jump" I think? And after a ride with the roof open, there is a lot of mosquito in this "net"... and to clean this "net" is very unpractical...
Better than cleaning them out of your hair or interior :p. Imagine the bug splats on the seats...

The sunroof is just awesome, I’ve had it open the last few days as well (it has been around 18-20C here, perfect for sunroof either cracked open with the button push or all the way open if it’s sunny.

There is an few updates after made 17k km :eek:

I'm looking to swap my Tomato to an Project C... I don't know how many gonna be in Swiss :rolleyes:

So by the way, a few days after I buy it I go to my favourite place on earth after my home. It's the Ring! :p

It wasn't the first time, but with this car I totally rediscover the track!! More fast, more grip but all ways a lot of fun! I'm totally in love.

Follow me in Instragram to see more photos of the Tomato ;)

Last edited: