• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

hail damage prevention car!

Bartsuit

Mar 25, 2021
Nijmegen
Dear Readers, I am one proud car owner, now I want to go to Lake Garda in italy on holiday with my girlfriend soon.

Have heard terrible stories of extreme hail damage, does anyone know this problem?

I would like to avoid this. Does anyone know a solution for this?

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Dear Readers, I am one proud car owner, now I want to go to Lake Garda in italy on holiday with my girlfriend soon.

Have heard terrible stories of extreme hail damage, does anyone know this problem?

I would like to avoid this. Does anyone know a solution for this?
Hey there!

Last year I was at lake Garda (Lazise and Sirmione) and had no problems whatsoever, though that was more towards fall than spring.

I'd recommend getting a space in a garage or something similar if you're worried about hail damage.

Reactions: R Veloster N

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Ditto!!! ^ There is no protection except a garage or overhang the car can be parked under and protected. A rented storage container or cubical is also possible.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Either leave the car at home or garage / cover is the only way.

Unless you buy this

Hail storms out here would literally obliterate the first time out and there goes $300.00..
Literally used to do this when the sky turned green (hail imminent) when I was living in Brisbane. Always had a "hail mattress" in storage and old blankets for the boot and bonnet. It saved my cars on many an occasion.

View attachment 16567
Problem is, it only protects the roof, not the windows or hood.

Ghost

Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
You could go with this: https://hailprotector.com/

These products are supposed to negate hail damage. I have a car cover in the trunk just for this very purpose. Best of luck to you.

Best regards,

-Mike

Ghost

Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
Holy crap! Biggest around here is size of golf ball. That is just ridiculous!

I have seen a car cover that has thick wrestling mat padding in it but can't find the link. Looks almost like a flack jacket for a car....Lol....

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: R Veloster N

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Holy crap! Biggest around here is size of golf ball. That is just ridiculous!

I have seen a car cover that has thick wrestling mat padding in it but can't find the link. Looks almost like a flack jacket for a car....Lol....

Best regards,

-Mike
They sound like grenades going off when they hit the pavement.:eek: