• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis H&R Springs

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
fullsizeoutput_1126.jpeg
After spending countless hours comparing all the different options, looking at hundreds of pics on social media And trying to make up my mind whether I wanted to lower my car or not. I finally decided to fulfill my duties as an American and use my Trump check to help stimulate the economy lol. These were my choice for several reasons. One being they give a modest drop (-1.4in) with no trimming or modifying of the factory bump stops. The second reason was the price which was phenomenal ! Paid $240 Shipped and they arrived within 48 hours of me ordering them. And last being the reputation H&R has. I'm planning on getting these mounted ASAP and would appreciate any tips and tricks for the install if you got em.

Oh boy, you're going to lose something here!:)
I was waiting for the sh*tshow lol. After doing some creeping on the forums it seems like the members aren’t a fan of lowering the car. But with my wheel choice I think it needs to be dropped just a bit. I’m also looking forward to the improved handling and possible decrease in wheel hop. Which has gotten a bit worse since she’s full bolt ons and running map 5 now.

Reactions: R Veloster N
Chris, just be aware of the possibility for a little bit more bump steer, because of the differences in pro ackerman and steering geometry. You can't get rid of it but you can minimize it with the correct settings. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS
Chris, just be aware of the possibility for a little bit more bump steer, because of the differences in pro ackerman and steering geometry. You can't get rid of it but you can minimize it with the correct settings. :)
Thanks for the input ! I’ve owned lowered cars before so I’m quite familiar with the cons that come alone with being a low life lol. However this is my first time actually lowering one myself so I’m quite excited to see how it turns out.

Well I know it’s been quite some time boys. But due to the state of the world, work and just general life issues this kinda got pushed to the side. But I installed my H&R lowering springs almost 2k miles ago. And here’s my opinion. Install was relatively easy with it requiring little more then basic hand tools, jacks and a six pack to help you relax. I took my time installing them and had to wait about 2 hours for a friend to arrive with an electric impact gun to get the front struts top hats off. In total the install took about 6 hours with plenty of breaks in between. The ride height is perfect for me. It’s significantly lower then stock but not stupid low. I don’t have the exact measurements right now but I’ll pull the box back out where I wrote down the measurements when I get a chance. But the overall ride quality is noticeably bumpier however the handling in corners and high speed stability is an even trade off. 10/10 would highly recommend these to anyone this is a easy-medium difficulty job that totally transforms the look and overall feel of the vehicle quite substantially. Below are some quick pics I took please excuse my dirty wheels/car. My cars been really getting neglected exterior wise while I finish installing the other goodies. No point in cleaning your car when you’re tearing it apart every other day 🤷‍♀️0B071CDB-3082-43F8-9A88-058827F486EE.jpeg71850BBE-A89B-49B2-BEAD-62112DDC8199.jpeg90375246-D1BF-4036-8379-A46C0E9A4D67.jpeg585A8897-199C-4F24-9CCB-2D056C11FC74.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BACD53C-7D65-40D2-B260-C5BAEB0BB608.jpeg
    2BACD53C-7D65-40D2-B260-C5BAEB0BB608.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I can imagine, it's extremely nice to look at. Absolutely, when I first saw the white wheels on others Gulf Blue VN's it didn't strike me as something I wanted but the combination does look great indeed.:D 👍

Might have to go the lowered look eventually.