• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Guide: Inspect a new car on delivery day.

I agree , one thing i can say, since working in sales . Always ask for a copy ( Hard copy, email) of all work done on your car when the fault is fixed.
Its is sad to say in any sales type of business, it can be super hard to prove anything without that magic document.
This is super good advice which applies not only in cars, but in all purchases as well!

I agree , one thing i can say, since working in sales . Always ask for a copy ( Hard copy, email) of all work done on your car when the fault is fixed.
Its is sad to say in any sales type of business, it can be super hard to prove anything without that magic document.

Hyundai are very reluctant to give paperwork for warranty issues.

Reactions: Stash-N
Hyundai are very reluctant to give paperwork for warranty issues.

Yes I noticed. They refused to supply me with a document for my seat replacement. They said I don't get a copy as it was a warranty repair.
I thought we are legally entitled to a copy of any document we sign. :confused:

This is one of the articles i stumbled upon while writing this, worth reading in my opinion. Link
This is a very full and comprehensive description of the warranty process. I think this is a Canadian article but most of it can be taken as fact for Australian consumers too. Great post @Maverick. The only addition I can make is that in our internet connected society we also have social media including this forum to log issues. All these posts are time and date stamped and could be submitted as evidence of some fundamental fault or issue. I personally am very interested in the creasing seat issue even though I don't have my vehicle yet. I can see photos and members results when dealing with dealers / Hyundai. I now know to keep a close watch on the seats once I do get my car. All great to know.

Reactions: Maverick
I'll share something funny with you.. I ordered my N in May. I was out this week with a friend, drinking coffee, chatting about N and so on. We decided to pay a dealership nearby a visit, so he could too experience the N in person. Started chatting with a typical dealership salesman, which had no idea I already ordered mine, and I was pretending not to know much as well.. At some point I asked if the cars that are ordered now to be delivered in August come already with the updated ECU and he blacked out. I had to explain to him what's going on for him to realise what the problem is. He looked really confused and I explained I'm a member of an online community dedicated mainly to i30N, where we share facts and common problems and he immediately felt he was at a disadvantage. He didn't even bother to ask details about the site. The only detailed information he could offer was about orders and delivery dates...

I'll share something funny with you.. I ordered my N in May. I was out this week with a friend, drinking coffee, chatting about N and so on. We decided to pay a dealership nearby a visit, so he could too experience the N in person. Started chatting with a typical dealership salesman, which had no idea I already ordered mine, and I was pretending not to know much as well.. At some point I asked if the cars that are ordered now to be delivered in August come already with the updated ECU and he blacked out. I had to explain to him what's going on for him to realise what the problem is. He looked really confused and I explained I'm a member of an online community dedicated mainly to i30N, where we share facts and common problems and he immediately felt he was at a disadvantage. He didn't even bother to ask details about the site. The only detailed information he could offer was about orders and delivery dates...
Sales staff in the majority are only interested in "shifting tin". Once the deal is done their interest is only in the next customer. They usually don't care what they sell. Cars, houses or ice-creams are all the same. The amount of car sales staff who actually like selling cars could possibly be counted on one hand. Gee I sound a little jaded. Sorry to those 4 car sales staff who love cars. :( This is my experience only. Sales staff are nice enough on the surface but don't dig down too deep if you want actual facts. Find a good service tech who has worked on the product for more that 5 years for some real info. Again sorry if you are a sales person reading this.

Last edited:
Printed this off and taking it with me when I collect mine - Thanks :)

I suggest adding:
Check if remote Open/Close windows are activated (Hold Unlock button on Smart key to open and hold Lock to close). If not, kindly ask for them to be activated. It should be done at no extra charge.

I suggest adding:
Check if remote Open/Close windows are activated (Hold Unlock button on Smart key to open and hold Lock to close). If not, kindly ask for them to be activated. It should be done at no extra charge.

I did ask for this, however they said there is no option for it in the system (to do the unlock/windows down setting). However the opposite is enabled by default and works fine. Weird!

I did ask for this, however they said there is no option for it in the system (to do the unlock/windows down setting). However the opposite is enabled by default and works fine. Weird!
It is certainly an option in the AUS spec cars as mine is enabled. To be truthful I have only used the feature twice in 11 months myself but I am sure some users would use it more. :cool::)

Reactions: Davo01 and GazmaN
It is certainly an option in the AUS spec cars as mine is enabled. To be truthful I have only used the feature twice in 11 months myself but I am sure some users would use it more. :cool::)
They didn't enable it on mine pre-delivery and, as you'd know, where I live I could really do with it this time of year. I seem to remember a mention in a thread earlier this year that the option to enable it has since disappeared from the GDS. She is in for her 12 month service next month so I guess I'll find out then...

It did and still does seem interesting that some vehicles have had this feature enabled and yet others have not. My understanding from @Bill Thomas (Hyundai Australia) was that this option was part of the Pre Delivery Inspection options. Why so many cars do not have this option checked is up for debate. We could cover everything from lazy service personnel to some Hyundai conspiracy telling dealers not to enable the feature for fear of some warranty failure. :cool::)

Reactions: GazmaN
It did and still does seem interesting that some vehicles have had this feature enabled and yet others have not. My understanding from @Bill Thomas (Hyundai Australia) was that this option was part of the Pre Delivery Inspection options. Why so many cars do not have this option checked is up for debate. We could cover everything from lazy service personnel to some Hyundai conspiracy telling dealers not to enable the feature for fear of some warranty failure. :cool::)

My dealer actually specifically tried to show me the windows down feature, which went sideways obviously ;-)

We both had a laugh and said “first service” together lol

Reactions: GazmaN