• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

GUIDE: GPF Vs NON-GPF Exhaust System Diagrams

GazmaN

Staff member
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Nice work, hopefully it will reduce some of "those" statements/questions. We Aussies are the worst - my Mrs shows me the AU Facebook posts (I do not deal with FB) where they're still talking about their pre- or post-GPF models. In Australia. This thread may be a little too advanced for them right now but they may end up here one day...

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
Just learned this a few weeks ago: If you open the rear muffler, you'll see that the rear muffler is bypassed if the flap is open.

Meaning, if you remove the OPF/mid muffler and the cat, you essentially have a straight pipe:p

Last edited:

GuilleTD

Oct 9, 2019
Vizcaya
Nice work, hopefully it will reduce some of "those" statements/questions. We Aussies are the worst - my Mrs shows me the AU Facebook posts (I do not deal with FB) where they're still talking about their pre- or post-GPF models. In Australia. This thread may be a little too advanced for them right now but they may end up here one day...
Hi! I always have the same doubt, how can I know if my car is GPF or not?

GuilleTD

Oct 9, 2019
Vizcaya
The fastest way, go to your fuel door and see: If its round = Pre-GPF ; Square = GPF
So, I understand for this, if you have the latest version of the car, should be always GPF, correct? For example,if your car has been manufactured in August 19, sure is going to be the GPF...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavaco90