• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine Grinding noise on startup

I used to very occasionally have this problem and it sounds like the starter motor intervening because the revs were so low initially after starting. I suspected injector problems, so I used a few bottles of Forte injector cleaner which cured it immediately. I now regularly use super unleaded. Never had the issue again. Amazon sell the Forte injector cleaner.
Ok ill check that too while I have everything else open to replace the pump so might as well check it and the plugs too. I always use 91 or better since I have access to both, maybe I'll step up and go back to using a cleaner on a regular basis. Thanks

Did decarbon, throttle vlv cleaning, fuel system cleaning (GDI system). Also did injector cleaning found injector #1 blocked and #3 not performing. Injector cleaned n back to normal. Monitor the car and no grinding starting seen for now(happens always during cold start early morning)
Wait you did all that and it's still happening on cold start you mean?

Hello new member here! Did a Google search and found this forum and thread. I have a 2023 Elantra N with 6 speed. Has 3100 miles on it now. Bought it brand new. I noticed right after I bought it I had issues with long cranks before starting. It was totally random. Mainly hot starts, not cold. I would say happened around ten times or so. Well that hasn't happened for quite some time. As of a couple days ago and today it cranks but right before it turns over to start it makes this horrible grinding noise. Like the starter and the flywheel are making sparks.

Any new updates on this? Thanks

As suggested above, try some FI Cleaner and use nothing nut top their 91 octane or better.

If that doesn't help, take it to the dealership service where you bought it. That’s what the warranty is for.👍🇺🇸

As suggested above, try some FI Cleaner and use nothing nut top their 91 octane or better.

If that doesn't help, take it to the dealership service where you bought it. That’s what the warranty is for.👍🇺🇸
Crazy to have to use a fuel cleaner at such low miles. I only run 93 octane. Didn't happen at all today so far. But yes I will eventually take it in to the dealer if it continues to happen,it's just concerning at this point. I will try a fuel cleaner