• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Golf GTD/I Mk7 to i30n?

What Megane model did you drive?

2017 Megane GT Nav with the 1.6TCe engine from the Clio RS. Only came paired to a 7 speed dct and the infotainment was awful. 4 wheel steering was cool though, kinda RS-lite. On the right road it could be a blast but I lost patience with all the quirks when the gearbox panicked in the snow and blanked all gears and Renault just shrugged and said that there might be a software update

I can't - it's just remaining stock here in the UK, hence the trouble in finding a red one. They're letting me know today whether they can get the last one from another dealer, but otherwise only about 30 left to order, mainly blue, handful of black
That's strange, I ordered a brand new one from the south 1-2 weeks back and have a couple of month wait as it's a new build with the new reg.

Maybe that's just come in very recently then!

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
That's strange, I ordered a brand new one from the south 1-2 weeks back and have a couple of month wait as it's a new build with the new reg.

Maybe that's just come in very recently then!

no idea! I spoke to about 8 dealers and asked them all the same thing - they could no longer place any custom orders for new cars and could only order from Hyundai UK stock, so was had no choice but to go pre-reg for a red one. I made a point of asking around to make sure I was getting correct info...

They did say that any new custom orders for i30ns going in would be classed as back orders and probably would get cancelled. I don’t know if this applies to the hatch, I was only shopping for a fastback

The one ordered in for me is from a batch that seems to be popping up at lots of dealers, all registered EV69 in Sept 19, from Hyundai storage near London and all with 10-30 miles on the clock. Bit weird, but the two they already had in from that batch looked brand new. Mine needs servicing As first would be Sept 20 but dealer is sorting that before collection. Forfeiting the best part of a year of warranty to go pre reg, but even then it’s a year more than you get with VW! And saving more than a couple of grand too

guess the main thing I’m looking out for when it arrives is brakes condition with it being sat in storage for so long

so excited!

Reactions: ialexpw
Maybe an idea to also check if it has been moved harshly: check the built in N Mode settings, there is an integrated g-force meter. Lots of dealers forget to reset it when someone from their team had fun with a customer's car again 🙄.
Granted, if e.g the battery was dead in the meantime the settings would have been resetted.

Maybe an idea to also check if it has been moved harshly: check the built in N Mode settings, there is an integrated g-force meter. Lots of dealers forget to reset it when someone from their team had fun with a customer's car again 🙄.
Granted, if e.g the battery was dead in the meantime the settings would have been resetted.

Thanks- will do. I’m hoping that the mileage is so low on this stock coming in that it won’t be a problem!

no idea! I spoke to about 8 dealers and asked them all the same thing - they could no longer place any custom orders for new cars and could only order from Hyundai UK stock, so was had no choice but to go pre-reg for a red one. I made a point of asking around to make sure I was getting correct info...

They did say that any new custom orders for i30ns going in would be classed as back orders and probably would get cancelled. I don’t know if this applies to the hatch, I was only shopping for a fastback

The one ordered in for me is from a batch that seems to be popping up at lots of dealers, all registered EV69 in Sept 19, from Hyundai storage near London and all with 10-30 miles on the clock. Bit weird, but the two they already had in from that batch looked brand new. Mine needs servicing As first would be Sept 20 but dealer is sorting that before collection. Forfeiting the best part of a year of warranty to go pre reg, but even then it’s a year more than you get with VW! And saving more than a couple of grand too

guess the main thing I’m looking out for when it arrives is brakes condition with it being sat in storage for so long

so excited!
That might be why, I've ordered the hatch, not the fastback! Will have to update here with pictures once you have it!