• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine Fuel Pump Campaign

HYMLF

Sep 9, 2019
Cheshire
Hello,
I have today had my i30 NP in for its first service at a UK main dealer and was advised that there is a fuel pump campaign. Thought I'd give those that aren't aware the heads up. Apparently they need an hour to remove the fuel pump, check its serial number, then based on the findings either put it back or replace it.

I'm sorry I don't have any further details (though I did ask!).

My car is a May 2019 model with 5k miles and had the original fuel pump put back.

Reactions: Surrey-i20N
Wasn't there a recall for both high pressure fuel pump and ECU replacement, only affected the very early cars.

Time to revive this thread? My N started to run like a bag of spanners just over three weeks ago and then broke down! It's a 68 plate, will be 3 in September, turns out the high pressure fuel pump had failed, Hyundai had to source it from Korea hence the wait, also whilst in they found an oil leak from the L.S.D pressure switch, both replaced under warranty and the car back today, the A.A were excellent and furnished Me with a new Golf 8 R line, a very pleasant place to be! Not as fast of course but I have to say the seats are way better than the N and annoyingly I've got used to V.Ws excellent electronic parking brake system, however all that was forgotten as I switched to N custom and blasted home using the scenic route :D

Yes I read that but didn’t really help as it’s intermittent
Most of the posters are complaining about intermittent hard cold starting. The best workaround is to turn on the ignition first to allow the in tank fuel pump to prime the fuel lines, then depress the clutch to start. Works for me.

Most of the posters are complaining about intermittent hard cold starting. The best workaround is to turn on the ignition first to allow the in tank fuel pump to prime the fuel lines, then depress the clutch to start. Works for me.
Sorry yes I remember mention of that might try it. Trouble is it only happens so rarely I forget about it until it happens

Hi people took my i30n into main dealer as car was hard starting on a morning at to put accelerator down to start after priming fuel pump in tank and then stumbled to star n misfires for a moment.then finished work still the same starting problems at teatime.wasn’t there a recall for hpfp issue back in 2018 as mine is a 2018 with 13000 on clock.dealer said it is a hpfp fault.as I work for a Kia dealer and I am a master technician there which use same oil filter and engine oil when servicing it.so I am using our dealer stamp stamp service book.they say they want invoices for the what oil and filter I have used which is genuine Hyundai/Kia parts and engine oil they recommend.if it is a hpfp fault internally then why is it taking so long as all the engine oil does is lubricate the camshaft n lobe on hpfp and there trying to charge me £1500+vat for new hpfp which is rubbish.just because haven’t got invoices for oil and filter which I get through work.what do you guys think the best thing to do is.as think it should have been replaced back in 2018.

regards Stuart

Have they shown you the wear on the pump? If it was due to incorrect oil then the wear would be on the camshaft finger on the pump and the cam lobe, not fuel pump internals. I think they're being unreasonable, surely you can rustle up an oil purchase receipt?