• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Forward collison fca can it be turned off by dealer ?

Tony5aces

Sep 1, 2019
Surrey
Hi picking up my new my19 next week , read a few posts here ie set it too late , beeps at you etc can slam on the brakes , i really like to disable it think you can on my20 models , but can the dealer or me turn it off permantly ?

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
No it can't be disable by the dealership for safety liability reasons. You can change it's attention settings but not totally disable it.

The FAC isn't intrusive and you'll hardly every experience it's activation. If you do, it will have saved you from a front end collision.;) It's different from most manufactures forward accident control systems.

Reactions: Tony5aces

Tony5aces

Sep 1, 2019
Surrey
No it can't be disable by the dealership for safety liability reasons. You can change it's attention settings but not totally disable it.

The FAC isn't intrusive and you'll hardly every experience it's activation. If you do, it will have saved you from a front end collision.;) It's different from most manufactures forward accident control systems.

Tony5aces

Sep 1, 2019
Surrey
Looks like the new fastback youcan turn it off in the settings now , so if thats the case cant see why you get it switched off , i rather brake myself tbh

Reactions: R Veloster N

The Lone Wolve

Nov 4, 2018
cannock, south stafforshire

There should be a setting where it deactivates and allows you to tailate an Audi/ BMW and a white van.:)

Reactions: R Veloster N

s.arhangelov

Aug 26, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
I have the option to deactivate it in the gauge cluster settings menu on my MY20 Hatch. It does activate every time you start the car though. There is an option to have it automatically deactivate when in N mode, but that doesn't matter for me because I only use N Custom (suspension in normal).

Davo01

Jan 28, 2019
South Australia
I have the option to deactivate it in the gauge cluster settings menu on my MY20 Hatch. It does activate every time you start the car though. There is an option to have it automatically deactivate when in N mode, but that doesn't matter for me because I only use N Custom (suspension in normal).
On my MY20 hatch the cluster can be set to just a warning (LDW). Then the dash button turns that off.

This way it never comes on at all. Even the LDW is silent unless I turn it on with the button. Pretty much perfect.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Yes but not for me i ask the question

Yes but i wonder if it's just software you can take it off now , i ask the question at the dealers or hyundai
The problem is, the dealer won't deactivate it for their liability sake.
There should be a setting where it deactivates and allows you to tailate an Audi/ BMW and a white van.:)
Works for me!!:p

H13ONN

Nov 12, 2019
Essex
Sorry to drag this up. Driving this morning, i was approaching a car in front so braking slightly. The collision avoidance came up with emergency stop on the dash and almost threw me through the windscreen. Ive never had it do that before. Is it a fault with the system? Dust on the sensor?

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
No, you were obviously within the distance and speed parameters of the FCA. It did it's job as designed. :) We have it on our 2020 Kia Soul Gt-Line. It can be put into a passive mode on ours or as early or late mode.:)

Check the users menu between the analog gauges on the small screen. Use the menu button on the righthand of the steering wheel. Has two little pages on it.