• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

FORUM UPGRADES

For iOS users I can recommend AdGuard. Just install, set all switches on in the iOS settings for safari adblock and that’s it. No adds anymore using safari

Reactions: Kobrah
I really have to say, the way the ads have been prior to the upgrade was still a bit annoying, but not as bad.

Maybe there will be an option in the future to completely remove the ads.

The thing with Brave Rewards that we got now is that I get sent ad-notifications to my device, and when I click on them I get a few cents for each. Those then accumulate to my local wallet from which I can then send tips to websites and creators.

I currently have a monthly tip set for n-cars, 10BAT (~$1,7). I get a bit more than that every month for clicking the notifications.
This is also because I felt bad for using an adblocker on my favorite site 😅

I’m okay with having ads on the site but maybe don’t make them so obtrusive, they take up over half the screen on mobile which really takes away from the use usability of the forum.

I'd willingly pay for an ad free forum. Especially one as useful as n-cars.net.

It's an age old argument on every forum but personally I would also happily pay for a "membership" which gives you access to all the technical threads and removes major advertising. Leave the rest of the forum free to view but lock away the "good stuff".

From selfish perspective it's more work for the mods though lol. People will always try and bypass it by posting technical stuff in general forums.