• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Forum Suggestions & Ideas

A section regarding upcoming/future N models already exists.

It would make more sense to create additional sections when upcoming models become reality, rather than have a forum with many empty sections.

As for the fastback, if we get so much content about it, I guess it'll make sense to add more sections, but I think the forum is OK as is for the time being.

Personally I wouldn't like to see N-lines on the forum, as harsh as it may be. I'd rather keep it a pure N enthusiasts forum. Only my opinion though.

Being able to upload bigger pictures..
Cant upload pictures, that i take with my phone
Exactly this. The problem we have is that our cameras are too good and the photos therefore become too large to upload. But a 3MB-5MB limit on photos would be much appreciated, as most of them are within that range.

What about a Discord server for this forum?
I can not tell if discord can be integrated on this specific forum or not, but if I understand correctly how it works, it doesn't have to be, it's like Skype, TeamSpeak, whatsapp, etc. Can't you use it anyway? Enlighten me.

Being able to upload bigger pictures..
Cant upload pictures, that i take with my phone
You could use an app that resizes pictures like everyone else, or upload them to a site and link them here if you want maximum quality. 1mb jpeg photos look quite good anyway (see my thread for example). Bandwidth and storage space costs more, maybe that'll change in the future, maybe not.

Can the search function be tweaked so when you search for posts, results priority is given to threads with the search terms in the title? I know you can search titles only, but that doesn't seem to be working...

Reactions: padigree
Can the search function be tweaked so when you search for posts, results priority is given to threads with the search terms in the title? I know you can search titles only, but that doesn't seem to be working...

Please use the search function :D
http://n-cars.net/forums/threads/forum-suggestions-ideas.30/page-9#post-30985
http://n-cars.net/forums/threads/forum-suggestions-ideas.30/page-6#post-20695

No to be honest, it would be great to see some improvements of our search function. In last days, there were a variety of doubleposts..

Please use the search function :D
http://n-cars.net/forums/threads/forum-suggestions-ideas.30/page-9#post-30985
http://n-cars.net/forums/threads/forum-suggestions-ideas.30/page-6#post-20695

No to be honest, it would be great to see some improvements of our search function. In last days, there were a variety of doubleposts..

It'd be good to be able to prioritise the search results (newest to oldest, forum post titles > forum posts). This morning I knew where that GDI build up was, but it took me a few goes to find it. If you searched GDI build up it was no where to be seen, but 'carbon build' found it. I know it's fairly difficult because we use different terms for stuff - I've posted about the hill assist thing and then the other post popped up the other day with a total different title but essentially the same thing (and an answer - merge the threads if it helps!).

I know some of it is people not looking, but if it's difficult to find it makes people less likely to look.

Reactions: GazmaN and BadShadd
Personally I really like the mobile version of the website, it's really clean and minimal. No need for fat headers and excessive buttons.
If it was up to me, I'd remodel the desktop version to something like this:

MockupDesktop.jpg

But that's just me.

Reactions: Beasty
Will add a general n section - great idea.
Will also look into the search issuess

Thanks!

Will add a general n section - great idea.
Will also look into the search issuess

Thanks!
1.)

If you do that, Is it a lot of effort to deposit the thread in color depending on the model? An idea would be to do it like I showed in the picture above. Another idea would be to make the path colorful, in different colors.
2019-02-26 09_32-New posts _ Hyundai i30 N Owners Club and Forum - N-cars.net.jpg

2.)

A second definetly BIG upgrade would be:

2019-02-26 09_39-(1) New posts _ Hyundai i30 N Owners Club and Forum - N-cars.net.jpg
Change the order from Creator - Creation Date - Path of this thread to
Path of this thread - Creator - Creation Date.

It would bring some benefits to the overview, because the creator is not always the most important thing about a thread and also you can search much better. I think this solution is even better than the one I made in post #241, because it would not change the layout of the page.

3.)

Since new N vehicles will be developed in the future (for example i20N, Kona, Tucson ...), an optical separation would make sense. For this you could first remove the gap of the layout, that only i30N and Veloster N are separated from each other (not i30N divided and additional veloster N divided)

2019-02-26 09_57-Hyundai i30 N Owners Club and Forum - N-cars.net.jpg

Like this:

Forums.jpg

Last edited:
Also, you guys could use some help moderating, especially the VN section since it will be growing fast and I’m in that market. Hint, hint.

Reactions: BadShadd
I just want to search for oil, but the 4-character minimum threshold says no. Make it 3, please.

View attachment 5792View attachment 5793
Don't hold your breath.
But that does give you a workround, just search for "oil" and any other long word, e.g. "accelerate", and all posts with either "accelerate" or "oil" in them will be displayed. A rare long word will give fewer spurious hits.

Correction: only works if the short word is 2 letters, not 3 :eek:

Last edited: