• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Forge Motorsport- Hyundai VN/i30N Dual Catch Can and Reservoir Kit

What is the current hose fitting issues?
Valve cover lug is to close to the manifold to accommodate the provided fitting. There's a thread already in progress regarding the issue.
Doesn't affect the VN installation. Some of the i30N's are an issue not all. I believe it depends upon in which factory they were built.

Good result and simple fix. :) 👍
img_20210115_004345-jpg.16002

Reactions: Bu11eT
Hello guys!
Today I installed my catch can (the "old" model) and I had difficulty in fitting the engine cover.
Did you have to cut/remove part of the sponge at the inner side of the cover?

Finally I managed to fit it, but without mounting every part. I tried to do it as indicated on manual, but it was even worst and I did it in my way. IMG-98cf79a6b01a8b11cc692aef24ab758b-V.jpgIMG-144d09df6243618badf39a4262c92f21-V.jpg

No but the hoses must be correctly fed, run and tied as per the instructions. The Forge Motorsport instructions are very specific as to how they must be installed. Refer back to the initial photos I provided in post #2 and you'll quickly see how they have to be installed and tied.

I can see the reason why they aren't fitting. Make the comparison and readdress the hose positions as per the instructions;
img_0901-jpeg.15200
img-144d09df6243618badf39a4262c92f21-v-jpg.16019

It's the only way to get the engine cover to fit back on.:)

Last edited:
With the direction you have in yours and I show you below, it couldn't fit at all! IMG_20210116_205659.jpg

I tried many ways to manage fit at least the three of four mounts of the cover

Look at the instructions again and refit as necessary. If you don't do it their way, the cover won't fit. The position of the grommets are all the same. :)

With the direction you have in yours and I show you below, it couldn't fit at all! View attachment 16021

I tried many ways to manage fit at least the three of four mounts of the cover

try this, this worked perfectly for me and that's how it now looks on mine. It's very similar to how it is described in the manual from Forge:
2oLCXU9.jpg

Just checked Forge Motorsport website and it seems they can finally ship the header tank to my place. Also, i noticed that the only finish available is black. Do you think I should expect any delays if i order this tank @R Veloster N?

I don't know.

It's all dependant upon where your ordering it from the US or UK. Everything is shipped from the UK in reality, as it's not produced in the US. Delays are more dependant upon USPS. To be sure, simply call and ask.

Order Page; Our website does not use LIVE Stock therefore if your item is out of stock our Sales Team will notify you.

Reactions: Mr. N
That fitting that goes over the manifold nipple, and converts to AN.

It’s the fitting they replaced, due to the valve cover issue on some i30Ns.

looking for some info on it. Did forge custom design and make this fitting or is it available elsewhere ?