• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning Flex Pipe

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
https://www.gruppenzwang.net/shop/hyundai/

Hyundai - gruppenzwang.jpg
Handmade quality stainless steel flex pipe. The i30N stock one has a smaller diameter than the aftermarket ones, so less flow and more pressure.

This upgrade does not affect your warranty. There is also another (shown in the german video below), but not that cheap.

German Video of the other:

Definetly on my ToDo list.

Last edited:
I have been in motor vehicle trade since the age of 16 and can can not work out over seas tuning companies create a flex pipe on a vehicle they know very little about,
Less flow causes back pressure restriction
causes more pressure in the turbo (problem later on)
Stick to the same manufacturer who have tried and tested a system from front to back

I have been in motor vehicle trade since the age of 16 and can can not work out over seas tuning companies create a flex pipe on a vehicle they know very little about,
Stick to the same manufacturer who have tried and tested a system from front to back
You know that the stock one is restricting and this one isn't? So do you wanna tell me the more back pressure the better?

Just4You: "The stock one has a smaller diameter, so less flow and more pressure [...]"

It is not first time I notced that you have problem with reading. Next time just take a deep breath and count on 10, after that read topic thru once againg and if you still feel that you have something important to tell us - write !

Last edited:
It is not first time I notced that you have problem with reading. Next time just take a deep breath and count on 10, after that read topic thru once againg and if you still feel that you have something important to tell us - write !
Thank you. I deleted the last sentences of my last post because i thought I'm the only one.

Not bad, but not ideal, either. The stock flanges are the most restrictive components, so a 1-pc full DP to replace the elbow plus “joiner pipe” (like this one) would be more ideal. This all depends on your country and its emissions regulations.

As far as “T-D” goes, whenever someone in a native English-speaking country shows poor written/typed language skills, I tend to under-value their contributions. Some of you in non-English countries have better English skills than “T-D” and I am much more lenient towards those individuals.

Reactions: simmo777 and TarmoT
Not gonna go on the technical route here, I am just curious regarding warranty :p, @padigree why exactly are you able to use this flexpipe and not loose your warranty? Simply because it has the same diameter or what's the reason?
It has not the same diameter, it's bigger. The reason is, that it's like an oem part / spare part and after the DP.

I have no clue about tuning, so I have no idea about the validity in opinions stated but...Come on guys. I think most of you are way to hard on TUNING-DESIGN.

Just because English is not his native language and he has a different opinion than yours, does not mean you have to treat him with that derogatory way...

I love this forum, because people mostly treat each other with respect.

Please don´t act like another user "T-D" ! Read everything thru once again and if you still doesn´t understand what I´m talking about, read once again.
Just one hint: user "Tuning-Design" - New Member · 53 · From LONDON, UNITED KINGDON
If you know him personally and he is not native English speaker - I am sorry and I understand now why he lives in Kingdon not in Kingdom.
Having different opinion is very good and nobody will attack you because of that. But if you name yourself as an expert and same time talking bs..... I have no respect of this kind of persons.
Sorry guys - it my opinion (might be different than someone else has). Btw, I´m also not native English speaker but I don´t feel myself abused here at all.

Please don´t act like another user "T-D" ! Read everything thru once again and if you still doesn´t understand what I´m talking about, read once again.
Just one hint: user "Tuning-Design" - New Member · 53 · From LONDON, UNITED KINGDON
If you know him personally and he is not native English speaker - I am sorry and I understand now why he lives in Kingdon not in Kingdom.
Having different opinion is very good and nobody will attack you because of that. But if you name yourself as an expert and same time talking bs..... I have no respect of this kind of persons.
Sorry guys - it my opinion (might be different than someone else has). Btw, I´m also not native English speaker but I don´t feel myself abused here at all.

It's an account made purely for marketing of a business

I agree with all of you. I have already noticed that the answers often miss the subject / answers were given to questions that were not asked.

I can only recommend (to everyone, especially @TUNING-DESIGN ) in such a case: Read the post exactly before you have the hands on the keyboard..

Last edited: