• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning Flame Maps?

oohhjo

Mar 18, 2020
California
youtu.be
Well I know this isn't a good idea but does anyone know tuners that offer a flame map? I recently went catless and it sounds amazing. Now I just want a little more coming out of the exhaust. Preferably from NorCal or any remote tuning.

My friend, I'm going to tell you anyway; you'll produce enough pops, bangs and small flames to draw attention to yourself, without a specific tune to do so.

If there was a specific tuner that offered one, I would refer you to them. Tuning for such, allows far to much raw fuel into the exhaust system, which can cause other major issues. To be frank, you really don't want to do it.

I can recommend only one tuner for a proper tuner for the VN at this time and that's SXTH Element. You can purchase a new cloned ECU and swap them out. đź‘Ť

Reactions: oohhjo
My friend, I'm going to tell you anyway; you'll produce enough pops, bangs and small flames to draw attention to yourself, without a specific tune to do so.

If there was a specific tuner that offered one, I would refer you to them. Tuning for such, allows far to much raw fuel into the exhaust system, which can cause other major issues. To be frank, you really don't want to do it.

I can recommend only one tuner for a proper tuner for the VN at this time and that's SXTH Element. You can purchase a new cloned ECU and swap them out. đź‘Ť
For sure! I’m currently running the SXTH tune and bought a spare ECU so I’ll be good

Reactions: R Veloster N
I want to know about a spare ECU. I found a Veloster N ECU in a near junk yard at a good price and I was thinking of buying it to get this spare ECU tune it, can this be done or is not a good idea, everyone around here is telling me is better to use the OEM ECU tuned than buy a JB4 or any other piggyback. Sorry if this is not he correct place to ask you guys.

Well I know this isn't a good idea but does anyone know tuners that offer a flame map? I recently went catless and it sounds amazing. Now I just want a little more coming out of the exhaust. Preferably from NorCal or any remote tuning.
hello in order for it to shoot flames you just need unburned gas to go to the exaust if you remap it no matter the tune it will probably shoot small flames if you want more you need a hard cut or 2 step program ... is it worth it to remove the cat btw?